This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nagal
    Would it be better to compare it to the rock garden at the end of Holcomb just a whole lot longer?
    NOPE... harder.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• With all these issues about crappin on the trail you guys need...."Vapoorize".....
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Would it be better to compare it to the rock garden at the end of Holcomb just a whole lot longer?
        More like the rock garden where that full size bronco got stuck, only with out water and longer.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukes69
          More like the rock garden where that full size bronco got stuck, only with out water and longer.

Cool that gives me a better idea of what I have gotten myself into. As long as its not full of that off-camber roll down the side of the mountain :poop: I will be happy
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Cool that gives me a better idea of what I have gotten myself into. As long as its not full of that off-camber roll down the side of the mountain :poop: I will be happy
            There's not much of that
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• So, seriously, about the bears..... Do we need to worry about hanging our food or bear resistant containers? Apparently last summer there were at least two instances of bears wanting to go jeepin'.
              Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

• Trip route; gear. A new focus after this last trip...

I will definitly be going up the 395 for anyone that wants to caravan. But I will access it via the 14 - Antelope Valley Freeway. We go that way all the time to get to Mojave, Jawbone, and Red Rock, and it's an easy drive.

From there 395N is an awesome drive. My daughter will love the scenic road trip too. And there's stops along the way in Bishop, Mammoth Lakes, Bridgeport, and then Tahoe. I'm thinking earplugs and doorless this trip. It should be warm enough by then.

For any of you here in the basin that want to go that way, let's pick a meet time at Sand Canyon off the 14 in Santa Clarita, and another in Ridgecrest where the 14 runs into the 395 for those coming up the 15/395.

I always encourage a caravan. It's hard to get everyone to plan to meet up because everyone always just wants to get there and depart times vary. But I've had breakdowns and I've rescued countless co-travelers on the road, so it's just plain safety in numbers and if someone has any trouble at all you have a multitude of options. I've ran for tires, towed trailers, installed water pumps, the list is virtually endless.

Let me know if you want to drive it together. Besides, it's kinda like a trail run on the hiway. I'm thinking Sand Canyon at 9am, Ridgecrest at 11. Any interest?

Igofishn: cool point on the Coleman 5 day cooler, picked one up today. I have never seen one before or noticed, they are way thick and super duty. Frozen Nalgene and Platy bags will make for cool drinks and food the whole trip.

Erik, Tom: wag bags and privacy tent. Mandatory for my sidekick, will solve a multitude of potential personal issues: shower and potty. Thanks for the heads-up.

Chris, Erik: those combo grill/stoves are way cool. I'm either buying one or I have to camp next to Erik. How 'bout I trade you three days of latte's for grill space for my dinner entrees? I'll bring my two burners and cook side dish(es) too.

I would be willing to bring a bundle of firewood for one night. Are campfires permited, and would anybody be interested or appreciate a mini-campfire?

I have D30 front axles that I would have to pull out of my take-out assy. What a hassle and no place to carry them on the heep. Do I really need to take them as spares with an open diff?

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

• Those five day coolers are HUGE! But also on sale at costco for $60.

Are you leaving Thursday morning?
                  Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

• Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                    I have D30 front axles that I would have to pull out of my take-out assy. What a hassle and no place to carry them on the heep. Do I really need to take them as spares with an open diff?
                    I would say yes.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                      Those five day coolers are HUGE! But also on sale at costco for $60.

They are like $25 at walmart.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                        Those five day coolers are HUGE! But also on sale at costco for $60.

Coleman Xtreme 36qt = $25.95 - (don't shoot me) REI super sale. It's not too big for a 3 day trip for two into the wilderness. I think you found something otherwise.

Yes, talking about Thursday drive to Tahoe area. Staging for the run 9am Friday.

Comment

Chris, Erik: those combo grill/stoves are way cool. I'm either buying one or I have to camp next to Erik. How 'bout I trade you three days of latte's for grill space for my dinner entrees? I'll bring my two burners and cook side dish(es) too.
                          You are welcome to use ours if we are done cooking on it.

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                          I would be willing to bring a bundle of firewood for one night. Are campfires permited, and would anybody be interested or appreciate a mini-campfire?
                          I think if we all bring one of those firelogs we should be ok. They are easier to carry, unlike a bundle of wood. I'm pretty sure someone needs a fire permit, however I dont recall getting one last year . . . anyone remember?

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
                          I've poped a u-joint and blew the ears off a front shaft with an open diff. Its better to have spares then not. Its also easier to replace the whole assembly (inner, u-joint, outer) in one action, rather then changing a u-joint . . . granted the ears are still intact.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Coleman Xtreme 36qt = $25.95 - (don't shoot me) REI super sale. It's not too big for a 3 day trip for two into the wilderness. I think you found something otherwise.

Yes, talking about Thursday drive to Tahoe area. Staging for the run 9am Friday.

Thats what we have, it was at wally world for the same price I believe.
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by chris
                              I'm thinking earplugs and doorless this trip. It should be warm enough by then.
                              Maybe I'm just a wussy, but that's a really long trip without doors. It's a really long trip without the windjammer too. (I made Rick get one the second year up) You never know how windy it's going to be going up those passes and through the desert. :2:
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                                Maybe I'm just a wussy, but that's a really long trip without doors. It's a really long trip without the windjammer too. (I made Rick get one the second year up) You never know how windy it's going to be going up those passes and through the desert. :2:

I kinda enjoy it. The first year when that hail storm hit was AWESOME w/o doors!
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X