X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cjdirtbiker

Brian, you are coming along, right??
    sorry to say, no.

I've sold my front axle and will be removing it this weekend. You won't see my Jeep on the trails until the "list" is removed from my sig.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Holy Sh**. Now you guys are scaring me.... :omg:
      let me clarify... the currie steering is tough. stock components wouldn't have held up to 10% of what I put my currie stuff through. I'm just saying nothing is unbreakable.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I got one response from this post from a few of weeks ago, so I have to assume that everyone is going their own way. Michael (Nagal) replied but he's not going now.

I know there was Frazier Park Flying J mentioned, so if you are all going that way I'll find you Thursday night. I would really like to have at least one other rig to drive with, but will go it alone if everyone else is going the other way.

I have decided to hit one of the campgrounds or some other suitable place in south Lake Tahoe and leave my doors there as Sarah has suggested. I'm thinking it's too far to drive wide open. Besides, from the map it's just a few miles up the road to the lake from where you cut off the 395 to get to hwy 50. It looks like there's some campgrounds and what not. If anyone can help me with more detail on that I'd sure appreciate it.

We'll be coming out the 50 the other way and hook up with some of you Thursday night for lodging. I would like to get a little more detail on that now that I have the Delorme map-book of the area. It's a pretty big area! And the trail head isn't marked on the map.

Let me know.....
        Thanks!
        Hey Chris,
        I too am also looking for a place to store the doors w/o having to back-track too much, let me know if you find somewhere and I'll do the same. My plan is to leave early Thurs (4-5am'ish) and stop in Sacramento for some site seeing. Perhaps after that the reat of the group will be close. Some of us are staying at the Ice House, there still may be room or just floor space. After the run I'm head to the Bay area for a few days so once I look at the map I should have a good idea if I'll be back tracking too much.

If anyone please chime in if they know of a place to store doors... at trails end, thanks, Tom.

Comment

• icehouse is probably your best bet for your doors. The end of the trail is a good 30 mile drive back to icehouse road.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• doors....

Originally posted by igofshn
            icehouse is probably your best bet for your doors. The end of the trail is a good 30 mile drive back to icehouse road.
            Thanks Al.

Tom, this would make sense for you since you're going back the 50 to Sacramento after the run. Perhaps I should consider it as well and go back that way to the LA area. It's just such a long drive on a flat, straight freeway. Guess I could let Jessica drive, just set the cruise.

Erik said he has floor space Thursday night. Would save us pitching a tent. That's Ice house, huh? Maybe that's the place to leave doors. Pay the manager $10 to keep them for us. How far off the hiway is that?

Comment

• The resort is 11 miles from Highway 50. About 20 or so minutes, as its a twisty turny two lane road.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• So when are you guys going to be hitting the trail? My little caravan will be leaving Loon Lake at about 7:00am...
                That's a BIG rock!

Comment

• We're gonna meet up with Erik at Frazier Park/Flying J's at 7am. Ya'll are welcome to join up with us.

Tam

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                      Hey Chris,
                      I too am also looking for a place to store the doors w/o having to back-track too much, let me know if you find somewhere and I'll do the same. My plan is to leave early Thurs (4-5am'ish) and stop in Sacramento for some site seeing. Perhaps after that the reat of the group will be close. Some of us are staying at the Ice House, there still may be room or just floor space. After the run I'm head to the Bay area for a few days so once I look at the map I should have a good idea if I'll be back tracking too much.

If anyone please chime in if they know of a place to store doors... at trails end, thanks, Tom.

I think we will be bringing our suburban up with us to icehouse. If there is room, I am sure you guys could keep your doors in the back.

Comment

• Hey All!

I just wanted again to reiterate that I am planning on going. I FINALLY made it to CA and the Jeep has lived and seems to be in good running order. I am staying in San Jose so I'll be heading up from there.

That said, I just want to make some clarifications.
                        1) We are leaving from the Loon Lake entrance, correct?
                        2) Is it Friday or Saturday that everyone is leaving?
                        3) If it is Friday, where is the camp spot on Friday night?
                        4) When do we plan on being done?

I ask b/c the g/f can't make it with me as she will be in Yosemite all week for research for work and the buddy I am bringing can't get the whole day off on Friday so we will most likely have to catch up.

Just to be sure, my cell number is 720-308-9833. Could someone PM their number so I can understand what is the what?

THANKS!

PS- I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                        www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

• Its all in the first post

The majority of us are staying Thursday Night at The Ice House Resort near Loon Lake. We will meet up on the Dam at Loon Lake to air down and gather at 9am Friday Morning, (or slightly before that at The Ice House) and hit the trail shortly thereafter. We should be done with the trail and airing up at the other side near Tahoe early Sunday afternoon or late morning, depending on how the traffic going up Cadillac Hill is.

Im not sure if we'll have cell phone reception or not, but Chris' cell phone number is 951-551-6181.

Ill make a note of your cell phone. In fact, why doesnt everyone pm me their cell numbers, so I have them

[COLOR=DarkOrange]NOTE TO THOSE WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING AND ARE NOW NOT...Please remove your name from the roll call...Thanks [/Color]

Tam
                          Last edited by JeepGal; 07-17-05, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Wonderful! Thank you very much!

We will be getting a very late start- most likely about 7 PM from the trail head after the drive up and such, so I doubt we will catch up until Sat.

I plan on going till daylight ends which will get us past Gatekeeper and a decent ways in. Since we will be solo we'll make good time and I'm sure catch up on Sat late morning depending on traffic on the trail.

What channel will be used on CB as well so we can monitor? I'm taking the GPS so I should be sorted and the buddy that will be with me is an experienced ice climber/outdoorsman/fellow motorhead, so between that and the tools and spares, we should be fine till we catch up.

I'm also planning on picking a book on the Rubicon that will have waypoints for us to load just to make sure. I'm not much on night runs and don't have the rock lights installed just yet, so I want to make it a daylight run.
                            '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                            www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

• Tammy,

Originally posted by JeepGal
                              In fact, why doesnt everyone pm me their cell numbers, so I have them

Tam
                              Mine isnt' private: 714-403-4929 Anyone can feel free to call. I'll put Chris' number in my phone book.
                              Thanks for keeping track of us all!

I'm now thinking we may leave Wed night and catch some z's at Red Rock Canyon SP north of Mojave. It's mild and bugless up there, you can just lay a bag out under the stars and snooze. That way we can get going early and do some sightseeing on the way. Jess has never seen the Sierras, Mammoth, Tahoe, or any of it so it would be fun to make a liesurely day of it, stopping along the way.

We'll plan to be at Ice house by 6 or so and join the dinner crew. You still planning to grill something at the cabins? If so we'll plan to do the same.

We are ready to go NOW!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sully
                                I think we will be bringing our suburban up with us to icehouse. If there is room, I am sure you guys could keep your doors in the back.
                                I'm interested, if we reach the Ice House early enough.
                                Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Working...
                                X