Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I plan on rolling into the Ice House Thursday evening with truck and jeep on the trailer. I like to bring my trailer in case Myself or someone else needs a trailer ride home. I will be be bring my Dad - Dan with me. He has a Cherokee, but will be riding with me this trip. I doubt after he sees the trail he will be driving his Cherokee through ever.
    Sunday morning I need to get up and out early, hopfully beating the traffic on Cadillac Hill. I will be leave the following Monday for a week in Nashville and Memphis.
    My cell # is 530 966-3438
    Terry
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

• Sully,

Originally posted by Sully
      I think we will be bringing our suburban up with us to icehouse. If there is room, I am sure you guys could keep your doors in the back.
      That sounds good, although if I can leave mine up in Lake View (or whatever that town is on the south end of Tahoe) I may do that so I don't have drive up Ice House road after the run.

Will you be leaving your rig at the cabins or?? I know, you may not know yet. If it's sitting there all weekend I wouldn't mind just propping them up against the bumper or something. I have a cable lock I could use.

I would also like to leave a pair of spare axles for Brice there, like underneath or something. But I need to be able to tell him where your rig will be. How 'bout a description and plate number? He's reading the thread here as well.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
        That sounds good, although if I can leave mine up in Lake View (or whatever that town is on the south end of Tahoe) I may do that so I don't have drive up Ice House road after the run.

Will you be leaving your rig at the cabins or?? I know, you may not know yet. If it's sitting there all weekend I wouldn't mind just propping them up against the bumper or something. I have a cable lock I could use.

I would also like to leave a pair of spare axles for Brice there, like underneath or something. But I need to be able to tell him where your rig will be. How 'bout a description and plate number? He's reading the thread here as well.

Thanks!
        We will be leaving the suburban at icehouse and will probably throw a blanket over the doors to keep them out of sight. It's an 03 chevy 2500 suburban gold/tanish color.

Comment

• Sully,

Originally posted by Sully
          We will be leaving the suburban at icehouse and will probably throw a blanket over the doors to keep them out of sight. It's an 03 chevy 2500 suburban gold/tanish color.
          Thanks. Brice is coming later (I'm not sure how he'll catch up but that's another thread) and he already has one set of spares so we're going to skip it this time.

Leaving the doors is still a possibility. Will see how things go Thursday.
          Thanks again,
          Chris

Comment

• No problem you can tell me whats going on with the doors when we meet up thursday. Offer is open to all of you until the space is used up.

Comment

• I have a delema.....My friend david really wants to come with us to rubicon. Problem is he needs a ride home from rubicon because I am driving to mass when we finish and will not be returning home. If anyone is willing to drive him back from rubicon please let me know. He lives in temecula.

Comment

• Tammy, my # is 702.510.1978... I have a brand newby rolling with me so I want to get a early start, we will see you guys when you catch up or at camp. By the way were is the Friday night camp? Spider or Buck island?
                That's a BIG rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bachman
                  Tammy, my # is 702.510.1978... I have a brand newby rolling with me so I want to get a early start, we will see you guys when you catch up or at camp. By the way were is the Friday night camp? Spider or Buck island?
                  Yeah I'd like to know also so I can guage just how much catching up I'll need to do. Like I said, I'll be flying solo so I can go pretty quick, but just want to make sure I'll find everyone.

I also just downloaded all the waypoints so I can upload them to the GPS, so I should be sorted from that perspective.

I also learned channel 4 will be used on CB, so I'll try to monitor that for traffic as we get closer- my CB is old and range is lame, so I'll have to be close to catch you guys.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been 2 years since I did this last and I am really excited to get it right this time.
                  '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                  www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

• As far as I know, we will be camping at Buck Island Lake. I dont have the coordinates and I honestly dont know where....but we will try to get the spot we got last year, which is right past the dam, on the right, after the sandy rock that you turn left to go up and over. It will depend on whether there is someone else camping there or not when we get there. If you make it before us, PLEASE save us the spot

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• Originally posted by longtallsally
                      Yeah I'd like to know also so I can guage just how much catching up I'll need to do. Like I said, I'll be flying solo so I can go pretty quick, but just want to make sure I'll find everyone.

I also just downloaded all the waypoints so I can upload them to the GPS, so I should be sorted from that perspective.

I also learned channel 4 will be used on CB, so I'll try to monitor that for traffic as we get closer- my CB is old and range is lame, so I'll have to be close to catch you guys.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been 2 years since I did this last and I am really excited to get it right this time.
                      You are flying solo???? The con isn't the best trail to fly solo, especially at night.

My gps topo's have the trail marked. (Mapsource)
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Originally posted by igofshn
                        You are flying solo???? The con isn't the best trail to fly solo, especially at night.

My gps topo's have the trail marked. (Mapsource)
                        Oh I know I shouldn't do it alone, especially at night. However, I won't be going at night. We will go until we run out of daylight on Friday and camp there. Since we will be alone, we should make really good time and I think catch you guys by late morning on Saturday. If it means we have to pass up on some cool obstacles for the sake of speed to catch up, then I guess we will- I'm not taking any chances until I with a group. And don't worry, I have a SLEW of spares I'm bringing.

Did you make a separate map for your GPS? Do you have a Garmin? If so, could you send it to me? It would be much easier than what I'll have to plug in.

What did you do, just a bread crumb from a previous trip? Thanks!

Comment

• Wait a minute, now I am scared. If you are staying at Buck Island Lake, that means you will be through most of the trail, doesn't it? It looks like that is past both sluices and such.

Hmm. Well I guess the fun of watching everyone else will be lost for me.

Comment

• Its not that far...you should be fine. We made it to Buck Island Lake around 3 or so last year. Im sure we'll be slower this year

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• As far as I know Spider lake is still closed . . . and just as well. Buck Island is nicer and less crowded. Its really not that much past spider.
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Just a couple reminders:

NO regular soap, shampoo, etc. Camp soap or other bio-degradeable soap ONLY.
                                Bring shoes! This is more of a reminder for me, since I forgot my shoes one year . . . that sucked
                                If you freeze your drinking water the night before and put it in the cooler, the Ice will "keep" longer.
                                Tammy and I are going to bring a fire log, I think these will be better then regular wood.

If you havent already please read and review the requirements and reccomended equipment here: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2005-7-22
                                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X