Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm canceling out on the trip this year. Jeep is down for the summer and is getting cut in half soon. Have some surprises. Have fun all.
    ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
      I have a silly question, will we need to carry extra fuel or is there places to stop? I'm starting to figure out how to pack all this stuff. Are dogs allowed and is anybody bringing theirs ? If anybody wants to meet in the 951/909 area, I would love to caravan too !
      Rubicon is a one way trip...about 25 miles long. You wont need fuel on the trail as long as you fill up before you hit it. There is plenty of gas before and after the trail.

Ill probably be bringing Zoe. Shes a pretty good Jeepin' Dog.

We are still trying to decide if we want to start at wentworth springs or not, which would require us to leave before Thursday. If we dont, we usually meet up with everyone at Flyin' J's in Frazier Park (on the 5 freeway) early Thursday Morning.

We'll nail all this down as it gets closer.

Originally posted by Chris_L
      I'm canceling out on the trip this year. Jeep is down for the summer and is getting cut in half soon. Have some surprises. Have fun all.
      We'll miss you Chris! Looks like you got some nice surprises of your own planned. Looking forward to hearing about them!

Tam

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        Well after talking to some people (you know who you are) looks like I am going to try and make this.

Is there going to be a caravan of some sort Thursday? I had seen it mentioned but no answer yet. I would be all for it
        Hey Nagal (now that I have a face to put with the name) We can hook up in the desert area and caravan, since you'd be coming past my way. If the plan is to meet Thursday, then I'll probably skip school both days (shhhh, don't tell school)

JL

By the way, what is that cat doing?
        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

JL,

Sounds like a plan. I am not in 100% but things are looking good. I have enough vacation time, wife seems okay with it so its more than likely going to happen.

That cat is doing what any cat with a rifle leaning out a window would be doing
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I will have to look at the calendar..

If I do go, I wont be going all the way through with you guys. I tow most places now a days so I will leave it at the one of the general stores and head in and out through loon.

Comment

i really am interested in this run, but im still all open front a rear, do you guys have any input, im runnin a 4.5lift with 33's?
              ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
              |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
              ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
              Locked and Ready

Comment

Ive run it open with 3 1/2" and 33" MT/r's twice. And will more then likely be open this year again. With a bit of experience and finesse, you should be fine. Expect some damage.

Tam

Comment

thanks allot tam, can you compare it to calico at all?
                  ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                  |¯¯¯L--D|||||D 33"
                  ()_)¯()_) ¯¯ )_) Armor
                  Locked and Ready

Comment

No. Calico is a dirt road with a few ledges and rocks. Rubicon is all Rocks and ledges, with hardly any dirt road. It is a 22 mile long trail that takes three days to do. We usually average about 4 hours on the trail and the rest in camp, fixing stuff, swimming and enjoying each others company.

This applies to everyone... Ill say it again...Do NOT let this Rubicon trip be your first real rock crawling experience. As a minimum, (and this wont even prepare you...) get up to Big Bear and run John Bull, Holcomb Creek and a few others. Get used to creeping over rocks, and get used to having blind faith in your spotter.

We'll probably be putting together some Big Bear trips in the very near future...keep an eye out on the boards, and plan to attend

HTH

Tam

Comment

Heres some insight.

IF your open/open you wont have as good as a time and will probably get frustrated alot. Like someone said, you can do it, but its alot of hard work.

My first trip to the con was in my wrangler with open front, lockrite in the rear on 33s with a 4 inch lift. It was ok, Frustrating at times, but enjoyable. Last year we brought a guy through that was open open and he was on the strap more then off it.

I say if your open open its not work making the trip out.

Comment

I havent taken a strap but once or twice on the Rubicon in the last two years. Either the trail has gotten easier or Im lucky

Its the MT/r's Im sure...hehehehee...

Tam

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                          I havent taken a strap but once or twice on the Rubicon in the last two years. Either the trail has gotten easier or Im lucky

Its the MT/r's Im sure...hehehehee...

Tam
                          all "in the essence of time"
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If you are a good driver and listen to directions well, open on 33's will not be a problem.
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                              If you are a good driver and listen to directions well, open on 33's will not be a problem.
                              Thank god I am locked on both. My wife says I never listen and drive like a manic
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

It also depend on when you go through. If its before the jeepers jambo or 4th of july the trail is different the after. ITs much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X