Clear All

The Plan is to cap it at 15 rigs.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

When do you need a firm yes/no on this?

I want to go but I am at the maybe stage. Depends on my getting together all my spares and having a few things fixed on my heep.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

When would I need to leave San Diego?? And are you guys going to be meeting up anywhere for the drive up??? I'd like to follow some one up since I've never been there,
        Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

i totally want in!!! does anyone have an extra seat??
          no ing

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
            When would I need to leave San Diego?? And are you guys going to be meeting up anywhere for the drive up??? I'd like to follow some one up since I've never been there,
            Yeah, are you caravaning? I so TOTALLY want to go, but don't see how I can swing missing school. But I'm trying to finagle it. Needajeepdave, you can ride shotgun with me if I go, but right now it's a BIG if.

Now where can I start collecting spare parts.........
            Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I may have an extra seat, But Im still working out getting the extra parts, right now its down to rockers, and tires, which I actually have the money for and then a few spares, but cant commit yet since its a tad far out to get work off
              Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                Yeah, are you caravaning? I so TOTALLY want to go, but don't see how I can swing missing school. But I'm trying to finagle it.
                Aw screw it, I'm IN! This gives me 3 months or so to figure out missing school.

Now to start collecting spare parts....
                Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I'm in too.....................hopefully I will be lifted by then......and I will vouch for Brian with the Pathfinder.....hes a great guy with alot of knowledge and experience that is very helpfull to have around...

Comment

OK, I am a total noob to the board, but in my sleepless night decided to post on this. I am FINALLY moving out of the terrible place that is CO back to the homeland, CA.

In doing so I should have the Jeep there by then and would be prepared. Can I tag along even if I am a noob to the board?

Just to be sure, the VERY short list for my '95 YJ includes 33" Kuhmo Muds, locked both ends, Warn XD9000i, full cage, SYE and CV rear shaft, Warn Rocker guards, York OBA system, dual Optimas, etc...

Spares I carry on big trips are front & rear axles, U joints, U bolts, Yokes, Tie rod & drag link, and a slew of fluids. I've got a Garvin roof rack and a homemade rack over the spare for the camping gear.

I've done the Rubicon once- total disaster- but am MUCH more prepared as a driver and a vehicle at this point. I also did the Easter Jeep Safari and for those that may know did: Hell's Revenge (including Escalator), Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim (at night).

Would I be set enough to cruise with you guys? If you need to see some pics, my lamo website is: www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Make sure to have the popup blocker on since it is a free site- sorry.
                    '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                    www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

Your ride looks good! You should be fine.

Welcome back to sunny Cal

Anyone that wants to go on this run needs to make SURE that this is NOT their FIRST rock-crawling experience. If your first trip was Calico and you now think youre ready for Rubicon, youre wrong. We need a few Big Bear runs, which STILL wont fully prepare you for this trip, but are a bit more comparable. I just dont want anyones trips to be ruined. This is a wonderful run, and we want it to be a good experience for everyone.

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thank you! You have no idea how glad I will be to be back in CA. I have lost 50 lbs from depression and just generally hate CO in every way possible. The views are gorgeous, but it's not home.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and sign up and if I can't make it I'll notify everyone as soon as possible to open up a spot.

Don't be concerned, I honestly know what I am doing now. As a matter of fact, I've done trails harder than the Rubicon since I did it the first time. Plus my driving skills are infinitely better than then. The hand throttle, functional 4wd, correct gearing for the tire size, and wheeling at least every other weekend on tough trails since moving to CO have helped that.

When I lived in CA last, the Jeep sat for 6-8 months at a time since I was concentrating on racing cars. I did the Rubicon just before moving to CO b/c I was afraid I wouldn't be back to get to do it again and was TOTALLY unprepared in many ways and didn't understand what I was getting into. Now that I have fixed the driver and the vehicle, I am much more prepared. The fact that I know how to fix it now also helps out.

Thanks again! This will be a big deal for me as I swore I'd be back to do it again and make it through with relative ease.

Comment

Well after talking to some people (you know who you are) looks like I am going to try and make this.

Is there going to be a caravan of some sort Thursday? I had seen it mentioned but no answer yet. I would be all for it
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Last year some of us met at the flying J truckstop off the 5 in fraizer park early thursday morning. Maybe we can do something like that in July.

Comment

Im going to be in the Bay Area. Is there anyone that will be leaving from there? This is NorCal Bay Area. If not, when, as in what time, is everyone meeting? And it is at Loon Lake, correct?

Comment

I have a silly question, will we need to carry extra fuel or is there places to stop? I'm starting to figure out how to pack all this stuff. Are dogs allowed and is anybody bringing theirs ? If anybody wants to meet in the 951/909 area, I would love to caravan too !

Comment

Working...
                                X