Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trailwing View Post
    Any room left for the ride?
    Yes, still room! I'll add you to the list!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
      I may need to back out of this run?
      Ok, will take you off the list. Post if things change and you can make it.

Comment

• Thanks everyone, I'm not trying to slow the group down, north shore drive is the easiest way, I'm sure I'll find an easy close place to park the tow rig for the day,
        Last edited by toycrawler5481; 06-07-12, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
          Glad you can make it, Looking forward to wheeling with you again! I'll probably tag along on John Bull, I ain't scared... Lol! Can't wait till Friday!
          Same here brotha! Calico Is definitely more difficult so your capable rig will own John bull

Comment

• Is there room for my brother and i. we will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKrocks View Post
              Is there room for my brother and i. we will be there.
              Come on up!

You and your brother have different Jeeps, or riding in 1 Jeep?

Comment

• we have two jeeps.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKrocks View Post
                  we have two jeeps.
                  Cool! See you Saturday!

I lost the ability to edit the OP. I asked for permission, so hopefully will be able to update it again. If not, will post an update.

Comment

• Dang... This one large group...talk about rolling deep

Comment

• hey i had posted in the jeepforum about going up to bigbear this weekend and one of the guys over their (marinelj) said they were cruising with you guys. ill be going up friday-sunday and was lookin for people to wheel with... if you guys have room in the group... do you mind me joining? im not too experienced tho ive only been on two trips so far one to cleghorn and to cougar buttes... so i may need some help haha so if you think im going to be too much of a lagg then by all means tell me to get lost!! i dont know if you guys are all experienced or what so i figured i would just give you a heads up...thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota123 View Post
                        hey i had posted in the jeepforum about going up to bigbear this weekend and one of the guys over their (marinelj) said they were cruising with you guys. ill be going up friday-sunday and was lookin for people to wheel with... if you guys have room in the group... do you mind me joining? im not too experienced tho ive only been on two trips so far one to cleghorn and to cougar buttes... so i may need some help haha so if you think im going to be too much of a lagg then by all means tell me to get lost!! i dont know if you guys are all experienced or what so i figured i would just give you a heads up...thanks!
                        Welcome to MJR! Come on up! Looks like we will be breaking into at least 2 groups, maybe 3 now depending on how many total show up, and how many go on the advanced run to John Bull.

What's you rig build like?

I've never run Gold Mountain myself, so can't speak for how difficult it is. From what I've heard, it's one of the easier Big Bear runs. That said, Big Bear forest fest rates it as medium difficulty. If you did all the spurs of Cleghorn, I would think you can handle Gold Mountain.

Post your build, I'm sure others can chime in that have run it. Pretty sure even a stock Jeep can handle it.

Comment

• So.... Just double checking... Big bear discovery center 930 am right?

Comment

• I didn't even know I still had this account -
                            I might be meeting you guys up (Justruns are running the same routes) I rather go with a bit smaller group - lots of dust in the back sucks -If anything I'll see you guys on the trail

Nine am not 9:30am

Comment

• Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                              Welcome to MJR! Come on up! Looks like we will be breaking into at least 2 groups, maybe 3 now depending on how many total show up, and how many go on the advanced run to John Bull.

What's you rig build like?

I've never run Gold Mountain myself, so can't speak for how difficult it is. From what I've heard, it's one of the easier Big Bear runs. That said, Big Bear forest fest rates it as medium difficulty. If you did all the spurs of Cleghorn, I would think you can handle Gold Mountain.

Post your build, I'm sure others can chime in that have run it. Pretty sure even a stock Jeep can handle it.
                              Thanks! never heard of it till now haha and as for my jeep I got stock axles with open diff. 5 inch lift on 33's with track and sway off and got front and rear bumpers with tow hooks... and as for recovery i got a tow strap... the jeeps nothing crazy... let me know what you or anyone else thinks...ive never been up to big bear with the jeep so i dont know what to expect really... the only think i don't have on your "list" is a Hi-lift jack... i may be able to borrow one from a friend if i really need to...i have gone with him my last two times so i haven't gotten around to getting one yet

Here are some pics of my cleghorn trip and my jeep...the one with the black doors is mine.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...-pics-1351265/
                              Last edited by dakota123; 06-06-12, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smartshot View Post
                                I didn't even know I still had this account -
                                I might be meeting you guys up (Justruns are running the same routes) I rather go with a bit smaller group - lots of dust in the back sucks -If anything I'll see you guys on the trail

Nine am not 9:30am
                                We're the SMALLER group? Holy crap!

Originally posted by dakota123 View Post
                                Thanks! never heard of it till now haha and as for my jeep I got stock axles with open diff. 5 inch lift on 33's with track and sway off and got front and rear bumpers with tow hooks... and as for recovery i got a tow strap... the jeeps nothing crazy... let me know what you or anyone else thinks...ive never been up to big bear with the jeep so i dont know what to expect really... the only think i don't have on your "list" is a Hi-lift jack... i may be able to borrow one from a friend if i really need to...i have gone with him my last two times so i haven't gotten around to getting one yet

Here are some pics of my cleghorn trip and my jeep...the one with the black doors is mine.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...-pics-1351265/

9:00 AM is correct. I hope we can leave the Discovery Center before 9:30. I'll post my phone number on Friday. If someone is running late, give me a call.

All info is in the OP.

Yeah Dakota, you're build is definitely more than good for Gold Mountain! See you Saturday! Btw, the jack requirement is a jack to lift your Jeep if you get a flat, not a hi lift.
                                Last edited by suicideking; 06-06-12, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X