Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Renato! I checked the satellite pics of gold mountain, and it looks like there's a place to park just as we get off the road. If we run JB we will have to double back to get the truck/trailer though.

Comment

• Originally posted by suicideking View Post

Yeah Dakota, you're build is definitely more than good for Gold Mountain! See you Saturday! Btw, the jack requirement is a jack to lift your Jeep if you get a flat, not a hi lift.
      allright sweet i will see you Sat then! Thanks again for letting me tag along. i have my stock jack still haha but i dont even know if itll lift it enuf havent tried...ill figure something out

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
        Hey Renato! I checked the satellite pics of gold mountain, and it looks like there's a place to park just as we get off the road. If we run JB we will have to double back to get the truck/trailer though.
        Soundsngreat! Double backing is no problem, just more wheeling

Comment

• Yep, the sooner we hit the trail the less trafic there will be. Don't be late, 9am Discovery Center gased up and ready to go; leave by 9:30.

Comment

• I cant wait, this is going to be awesome.

Comment

• Are we stopping at the base of gold mountain to air down and disconnect, or should we have that done before we leave the discovery center?

Comment

Are we stopping at the base of gold mountain to air down and disconnect, or should we have that done before we leave the discovery center?
                Good question!

Anyone know how far it is to the trail head?

It would be nice to be able to start prepping at the Discovery Center, but don't want to make it an un-safe ride to the trail head.

Comment

Are we stopping at the base of gold mountain to air down and disconnect, or should we have that done before we leave the discovery center?
                  At the trail head

Comment

• Originally posted by Randog
                    I think there are some fire roads you need to take to get to Gold Mountain. We can air down as soon as we hit those. I will set up my GPS tonight and have a better answer later.
                    Cool thanks!

I figure if people get to the Discovery center early, they can at least disconnect their sway bars. Maybe air down partially, but not fully.

I may not be responding much tomorrow. Should be able to respond a little bit from work, but after 5:00 I'll probably be busy packing and getting ready. I'll be in Big Bear Friday night, not sure if I'll have phone service.

I'll be in the Black lifted 2012 JKU with no top, possibly no doors. I'll also have a home made shade cloth top on that will hopefully last the whole day.

My phone number: 909 52 0 53 15
                    Feel free to call me if you're running late.

Please re-read the first post! CB Channel 27, be there at 9:00 AM!

I attached a Big Bear map I found on Dirtopia. Gold Mountain is 3N69, 3N69A. Jacoby is 3N61. John Bull is 3N10.

See: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Big_Bear

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Comment

Good question!

Anyone know how far it is to the trail head?

It would be nice to be able to start prepping at the Discovery Center, but don't want to make it an un-safe ride to the trail head.
                      5.4 Miles from the Discovery Center on Hwy 18

Comment

• The ranger station is right next door to the discovery center maybe they will have some maps for those that need one.

Comment

• If you see a gray dodge truck roaming the area feel free to stop and say hi. If you find it at a Yellow post feel free to share the spot. Be up doing some hiking Friday and Saturday.
                          Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down!

Comment

Yes, still room! I'll add you to the list!
                            Alrighty. I'll have to get up early for the drive up there.

Comment

• Man there are gonna be a lot of new people to meet this trip is it Saturday yet… See ya’ll at Discovery Center I’ll be the silver JKU there at 8:30 disconnecting and starting to air down.

Gotta pick Ch. 27 my weakest channel outta the 40…

I wanna go wheeling...

Danny
                              [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

• anyone else staying at serrano? we have 2 jeeps at serrano campsite 123...see you all sat morning!!

Comment

Working...
                                X