Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I'll be uncomfortable is when I'm getting strapped out of it.

Comment

I might be available for this run. I'm down to run JB after if anyone wants to follow.
      www.RuggedJeep.com
      http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

Originally posted by Ruggedjeep View Post
        I might be available for this run. I'm down to run JB after if anyone wants to follow.
        Cool! I'll put you on the maybe list. Post when you know for sure.

Maybe for the second run we can break into two groups if some want to do Jacoby and others want to do John Bull.

Comment

That is the next weekend that I have off, by then I'm going to really be itching to wheel! I have never been to big bear, but I am up to a challenge! Put me on the maybe list so I can make sure work doesn't screw me over, I'll post up a little closer when I am for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
            That is the next weekend that I have off, by then I'm going to really be itching to wheel! I have never been to big bear, but I am up to a challenge! Put me on the maybe list so I can make sure work doesn't screw me over, I'll post up a little closer when I am for sure!
            Ok, will put you on the maybe list. Hopefully you will be able to make it. Definitely post when you know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowlins View Post
              hey guys i only have 33's with open diffs but know how to drive! everything else is upgraded! i would love to make this trip because i will finally be home from afghanistan! thanks guys.
              Thanks for your service and welcome home!

As for by this time it will have been like 3 weekends without wheeling so I am going ont he MAYBE list for now i will keep you posted.

I am open on 35's with 4.88s so this should be some fun times. You just gotta pick the right lines and ease on thru...

Hope to see you all out there.

any one found a Camping area?
              [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                Thanks for your service and welcome home!

As for by this time it will have been like 3 weekends without wheeling so I am going ont he MAYBE list for now i will keep you posted.

I am open on 35's with 4.88s so this should be some fun times. You just gotta pick the right lines and ease on thru...

Hope to see you all out there.

any one found a Camping area?
                Ok, got you down as a maybe, hope you can make it!

As far as camping, there are only two campgrounds that I know of up there, not sure which one is closer. There's Holcomb and Hanna flats campgrounds. There's probably a bunch more.

Comment

There is a guy from Oceanside that might come out too, he was asking about tow rig parking... I told him I would ask here... Anyone been there before and know about tow rig parking? Idk if he is planning to camp too, I am planning on camping the weekend...

Comment

If hes up there for the day then he should be ok leaving his truck/trailer at the far end of the discovery center parking lot. I do this all the time and have got the OK from the staff inside. I do not know about overnight storage, I assume he can leave it at his campsite.
                    www.RuggedJeep.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
                      There is a guy from Oceanside that might come out too, he was asking about tow rig parking... I told him I would ask here... Anyone been there before and know about tow rig parking? Idk if he is planning to camp too, I am planning on camping the weekend...
                      Tell him to sign up!
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Found this

Many areas of the National Forest are open to self-contained camping. Cactus Flats and most of Holcomb Valley are two popular places to drive or hike in and camp remotely. Campfires are generally not permitted, but camp stoves are. Carry your own water, make sure to tell someone where you are going to camp and pack out everything you pack in.

http://bigbear.us/bigbearcamping.html
                        [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Ok Suicideking,
                          You can take me off the maybe list and put me down as going. I'm coming up on Friday the 8th. Anything going on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                            Ok Suicideking,
                            You can take me off the maybe list and put me down as going. I'm coming up on Friday the 8th. Anything going on Friday?
                            Right on Randog! Moved to the going list!

I'm probably getting there late Friday night and will be with my family, so probably won't be up to doing much.

If people are camping, please post where you'll be. If enough people are going to be at the same camp site, we might make that the rally point. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions. I know many people meet at the discovery center. Or we could meet where I'm staying too. I'll be in a cabin at:

http://goldenbear.net/big_bear_lake_ca

We still have 3 weeks to decide though.

Comment

I'm also trying to figure out where to set up camp. Never camped in Big Bear. Figure I'll bring the toy hauler up Friday early and try to find a spot to set it up? What's the best road into Holcomb with a truck and trailer. Figure I'll come up the twisty turns from Lucerne. Trailers only 26' so I should be able to manage those turns. I really don't want to drive Down the hill from Phelan/Wrightwood to get up to Big Bear if I can avoid it.
                              Last edited by Gary; 05-17-12, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I'm at the Motel 6 by the airport for this weekend, its only $69 bucks a night, the folowing weekend however, I'm camping at the Big bear Forest Fest. There are tons of camping in Big Bear but not to much down in the towns of Big Bear Lake and Big Bear City. It looks like Gold Mountain trail is east of Big Bear City if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X