Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dougie, you deliver your messages just ever so gently. Most people aren't aware that a lot of the Big Bear and Arrowhead trails are for street legal vehicles only. There are some areas that are clearly posted, others are not. Never seen signs on Goldmountain or JB yet as far as I know JB is designated for street legal vehicles only

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Most people aren't aware that a lot of the Big Bear and Arrowhead trails are for street legal vehicles only.
      That is so true.

However in Toycrawler5481's case we exchanged PMs earlier in the week and he was well aware that his buggy was not legal to travel on Gold Mountain, John Bull, 3N16 or any of the other trails in the area. He chose to do it anyway and now his exploits are on OUR forum for you know who to use against us.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• If he was aware of it, then shame on him, don't think he was the one posting this pic. Not that hard for Sarah or any other Moderator to remove what needs removing. It is good to work on the awareness of this though, since every so often you do see green sticker bikes quads and what not where they do not belong. Not as often as you would think though, which is a good thing

Comment

• For those who care I started a new thread in the discussion area (no buggie pis)

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...966#post207966
          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

• how do you post pictures on this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by trailwing View Post
              Well... I deleted my picture but it looks like you're trying to make a point and purposely drag it out in front of everybody. That is the opposite of what you conveyed in your post.
              Quoted posts do not change just because you edit your original post.

I tried to make my point last week by taking care of this back channel. Toycrawler obviously chooses to not get the message back channel.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota123 View Post
                how do you post pictures on this forum?
                Been here... ya need to get a photobucket type account and load your pics there. Once they are loaded there is an option to link the photo to another board such as this. With photobucket there is a large and small pic option, I choose the small most times, just quicker.

Comment

• Here are my pics. Wish I had stopped to get some of the rock garden. Definitely an impressive site!

http://imageshack.us/g/577/img2071q.jpg/

I'm curious to hear about how John Bull was? Pics??
                  Last edited by suicideking; 06-10-12, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• -------------------------
                    Last edited by suicideking; 06-10-12, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• John bull was a blast! After all the rigs that had been up there it was really dug up... We had a tierod get severly bent on the gatekeeper, took a few hours to get him rolling again... Only 3 of us kept going, The second obstacle was more difficult than the gatekeeper! I have lots of new rash on my sliders and axles, but we made it thru... Fun times! I have pictures, I'll try to get those up when I can...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
                        John bull was a blast! After all the rigs that had been up there it was really dug up... We had a tierod get severly bent on the gatekeeper, took a few hours to get him rolling again... Only 3 of us kept going, The second obstacle was more difficult than the gatekeeper! I have lots of new rash on my sliders and axles, but we made it thru... Fun times! I have pictures, I'll try to get those up when I can...
                        Yeah, in the years I've been wheeling john bull this is by far the worst I have ever seen it! I'm glad you guys decided not too run it cause I was wrong! It's bad..... Glad u trusted your instincts haha! On that note I had an absolute blast! Thanks Rick for everything!!!!!! And it was pleasure to meet everyone else!

Comment

• I had a great time! Thanks to all who made us feel so welcomed...can't wait to do it again, you guys ROCK!

Rick special thanks to you for putting it together, and a very special thanks to all the wrench turners at the bottom of John Bull.. Novabrian72 made it home safely because of the group effort.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chip View Post
                            I had a great time! Thanks to all who made us feel so welcomed...can't wait to do it again, you guys ROCK!

Rick special thanks to you for putting it together, and a very special thanks to all the wrench turners at the bottom of John Bull.. Novabrian72 made it home safely because of the group effort.

Glad to hear it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chip View Post
                              I had a great time! Thanks to all who made us feel so welcomed...can't wait to do it again, you guys ROCK!

Ya good times for sure and good to meet ya'll. Glad to hear Brian made it home safe. My knuckles are hurting today...
                              [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
                                Yeah, in the years I've been wheeling john bull this is by far the worst I have ever seen it! I'm glad you guys decided not too run it cause I was wrong! It's bad..... Glad u trusted your instincts haha! On that note I had an absolute blast! Thanks Rick for everything!!!!!! And it was pleasure to meet everyone else!
                                Well glad you guys made it through! I bent up my tie rod in Calico, not that bad though. When I did Holcomb a few months ago with the WF group, one of the guys bent up his tie rod on the gate keeper so bad that he couldn't continue. That will probably be one of my next upgrades. Luckily they're not that expensive compared to some of the other stuff.

Yeah, there wasn't really any chance that I was going to try JB. I do want to check it out as a passenger sometime though. That and Dishpan!

Glad all of you had a good time and nobody had any major damage or injuries!

Almost forgot to ask: So we really were close to the Gatekeeper and not running it in reverse? That spot where we stopped, how far is that from the gatekeeper?

Comment

Working...
                                X