Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
    Anyone object to 3 dogs, my wife and I going? We will leave Friday after work.

RENATO...YOU GOTTA DO THIS RUN BRO!!!

HOOYAH!!!
    Dan
    No prob, I'm bringing my Lab

Comment

Anyone object to 3 dogs, my wife and I going? We will leave Friday after work.

RENATO...YOU GOTTA DO THIS RUN BRO!!!

HOOYAH!!!
      Dan
      No problem there, bring em!

I want to bring my dog eventually, but he's still a puppy so might get bored and decide to chew on the seats... I'll wait until he's over a year old and stops shredding things.

I'll add you to the list!

Comment

Serrano camp ground is full through September.

Comment

Who else is camping, and what are your plans? I'm pulling the SBNF map out tonight, in hopes to find something close. Does Big 5 still sell camping and adventure passes?

HOOYAH!!!
          Dan

Comment

Looking at 'per fee' sites, the only thing I see is RV sites at Hanna Flats. I didn't see restrictions about using one for tent camping. Probably end up putting the tent on pavement, but we're using an air mattress, so..... only other option is yellow post sites, but we're not getting there early enough.

Any thoughts out there on this?

Dan

Comment

Try: http://www.recreation.gov/welcome.do?topTabIndex=Home
              Just put in Big bear and select it from the drop down screen. You can make reservations here and see site maps of the camp grounds. There is a small fee per night at campgrounds with pit toilets and water. We stayed at Crab Flats one year and it was about 2 miles in from the highway on a dirt road. I'm in the Motel 6 near the Discovery Center its only $69 bucks a night you can try them if you cant find somthing else.

Comment

That's the site I checked out. Only thing available is RV spots. I doesn't say 'restricted to RV use only', so I'm thinking about pitching a tent at one of the RV spots at Hanna flats. Were talking about the motel 6 option, but neither of us likes it. We want to camp....well, the dogs and I do anyway. LOL!!!

Dan

Comment

Hey Dan, what about crab flats?
                  http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Cr...6&parkId=70790
                  They are pretty close to Hanna and they allow 2 vehicles per site, looks like tent camping with a fire pit. 17 sites available... My friend and I are thinking about coming out Friday after work, I really would rather meet up with a group than try to find a place on our own... Let me know!

Comment

Who else is camping, and what are your plans? I'm pulling the SBNF map out tonight, in hopes to find something close. Does Big 5 still sell camping and adventure passes?

HOOYAH!!!
                    Dan
                    I went for the smallest Cabin at Bay Meadows resort. We go there all the time so the owner hooks us up.

See you out there...
                    [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
                      Hey Dan, what about crab flats?
                      http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Cr...6&parkId=70790
                      They are pretty close to Hanna and they allow 2 vehicles per site, looks like tent camping with a fire pit. 17 sites available... My friend and I are thinking about coming out Friday after work, I really would rather meet up with a group than try to find a place on our own... Let me know!
                      Only problem with crab flats is the distance. We will have to make the loop south to the 18 then east from there just to get to the discovery center. Gold mountain is on the other side of the lake, so the drive afterward will be longer. It does look like the only real option for tent camping. Which site are you in!

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                        I went for the smallest Cabin at Bay Meadows resort. We go there all the time so the owner hooks us up.

See you out there...
                        Sweet! Looking forward to wheeling with you again Danny!

Comment

Like I said I was a crab flats and its far from the dicovery center, you could almost do the trail over to pine flats and come back into town on the north side of the lake and it would be shorter. I'm telling you motel 6....

Comment

Sweet! Looking forward to wheeling with you again Danny!
                            Likewise good times ahead. The jeep is at Leadfoot Offroad for some fender weels so this will be a good test run for them.
                            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                              Likewise good times ahead. The jeep is at Leadfoot Offroad for some fender weels so this will be a good test run for them.
                              Very nice bro! I put riddler covers front and back, as well as control arm sliders. Trac bar is scratching the diff at full compression, but it is BARELY touching, so I'm not worried too much. I will solve the problem soon enough with bump stop extensions.
                              Last edited by Quantumracer; 05-30-12, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                                Like I said I was a crab flats and its far from the dicovery center, you could almost do the trail over to pine flats and come back into town on the north side of the lake and it would be shorter. I'm telling you motel 6....
                                Gonna talk with my wife about our options....will post our decision soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X