Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I (perhaps my son too) will be going to this one. I haven’t wheeled BB other than Rattlesnake Canyon once, last November.

As of now I plan on going for the day on Saturday, not sure if I want to take the RV out and spend the night. Has a decision been made as to where and what time to meet on Saturday morning?

Bernie
    Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 05-18-12, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Count me in as well. I'm also up for doing the other trails after.
      This will be my first MJR run, I look forward to wheeling with all of you!

Jon

Comment

You'll have a blast Jon, all good people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
          My wife and I (perhaps my son too) will be going to this one. I haven’t wheeled BB other than Rattlesnake Canyon once, last November.

As of now I plan on going for the day on Saturday, not sure if I want to take the RV out and spend the night. Has a decision been made as to where and what time to meet on Saturday morning?

Bernie
          Cool Bernie! Added!

Nothing set in stone yet for Saturday morning. I'm thinking of making the meet time 10:00 AM. Maybe discovery center? If anyone has a better idea, let me know. I've only been up there once and met at the Holcomb camp ground because a bunch were staying there for another meet up.

Originally posted by 2rustbuckets View Post
          Count me in as well. I'm also up for doing the other trails after.
          This will be my first MJR run, I look forward to wheeling with all of you!

Jon
          Added! Yeah, I'm pretty new to the group as well, have gone on a couple runs with MJR people. Cool people here!

Also, we can figure this out on the trail, but I'll be looking for volunteers to be the leader and tail gunner. I'm the organizer, but don't have a lot of experience and haven't done these trails. Preferably someone in each spot that has a winch and maybe has done this trail already.

RULES and suggested equipment updated.
          Last edited by suicideking; 05-20-12, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowlins View Post
            hey guys i only have 33's with open diffs but know how to drive! everything else is upgraded! i would love to make this trip because i will finally be home from afghanistan! thanks guys.
            Just go my brother.For what you have done for our country the least I can do is to help push or pull your jeep up any part you get stuck on if you get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowlins View Post
              hey guys i only have 33's with open diffs but know how to drive! everything else is upgraded! i would love to make this trip because i will finally be home from afghanistan! thanks guys.
              Hey guys, my buddy and i (2rustbuckets) just did gold mountain this weekend. Im totally stock aside from 33's and a 4in kit and made it through just fine for the most part. Fun trail!

As far as camping, most campgrounds should be open. We stayed at Serrano for the night, but "Big Pine Flats" is a great campground with easy access to trails as well. Google it...Serrano is about a 10min drive from Gold Mountain and has tons of spots available most of the time. I'll probably be camping fri night..

Welcome home and i'll have a cold beer waiting for you! Count me in, can't wait to hit the trails again
              Last edited by skysthelimit; 05-22-12, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                Cool Bernie! Added!

Nothing set in stone yet for Saturday morning. I'm thinking of making the meet time 10:00 AM. Maybe discovery center? If anyone has a better idea, let me know. I've only been up there once and met at the Holcomb camp ground because a bunch were staying there for another meet up.

Also, we can figure this out on the trail, but I'll be looking for volunteers to be the leader and tail gunner. I'm the organizer, but don't have a lot of experience and haven't done these trails. Preferably someone in each spot that has a winch and maybe has done this trail already.

RULES and suggested equipment updated.
                I have not done any of these trails before so I have no experiance there but I do have a winch and a CB and I would be willing to help out where I can.

The Discovery Center would be a geat meeting place but can we make it earlier, say 9am? That would put up on the trail about 10 after a little meet and greet.

Can I suggest everybody show up a little early, gased up with a lunch, water and maybe a folding chair?

Comment

The Discovery Center @ 9 am....

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                  I have not done any of these trails before so I have no experiance there but I do have a winch and a CB and I would be willing to help out where I can.

The Discovery Center would be a geat meeting place but can we make it earlier, say 9am? That would put up on the trail about 10 after a little meet and greet.

Can I suggest everybody show up a little early, gased up with a lunch, water and maybe a folding chair?
                  This works for me. :thumbs_up

Comment

You can take me off the list. I don't think I'll be able to make it, and I'd hate to hold you guys up! Next time... I look forward to exploring Big Bear... I'm sure you'll all have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post

Sounds good to me! 9:00 AM works better for me because I'll already be staying up there. Any objections? I also second all the other items! Discovery center also works for me.

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                      You can take me off the list. I don't think I'll be able to make it, and I'd hate to hold you guys up! Next time... I look forward to exploring Big Bear... I'm sure you'll all have a blast!
                      Ok, will take you off the list. Hopefully you can make it, let me know if anything changes.

Comment

9AM at Discovery Center sounds great to me too!

I have a CB and will also have a winch by then. I've ran Gold Mountain before too so I can be tail gunner for ya. I'm sure there are jeeps far more capable than mine out there but just in case, you can count on me.

Jon

Comment

Ok, got you down as a maybe, hope you can make it!

As far as camping, there are only two campgrounds that I know of up there, not sure which one is closer. There's Holcomb and Hanna flats campgrounds. There's probably a bunch more.
                          Take me off the maybe list I will be on the for sure list on this one. I Hope I dont hold you up... Oh and am should be good for me. I have a winch, straps, extra control arms, sway bar connect, tools, snatch block and other stuff.
                          Last edited by JK08; 05-22-12, 07:35 PM.
                          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Who's up for Big Bear on June 9th?

Big Bear fest is the following weekend (I'm going to that too), I'll be staying up there with the family the weekend of the 9th. So far looking at doing Gold Mountain. Hopefully another if there's time.

Rules:
                            ** NO DRINKING on the trail
                            Spare within 2" of tire size
                            Jack
                            Seat belts
                            Recovery points front/rear

Encouraged/Advised equipment:
                            - Fire extinguisher
                            - Recovery strap
                            - Plenty of water
                            - Lunch, snacks
                            - CB Radio
                            - Air compressor/air down tools
                            - First aid kit

Where: Meet at the Big Bear Discovery Center
                            Time: 9:00 AM
                            CB Channel: 27

Going:
                            Suicideking
                            949OC (WF)
                            Gary
                            BlackORifle
                            thebowlins
                            Randog
                            DjA (WF)
                            WeRubiBlue06
                            2rustbuckets
                            Skysthelimit

Maybe:
                            Ruggedjeep
                            Marinelj
                            Jk08
                            Big bear fest? Enlighten me please, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 2rustbuckets View Post
                              9AM at Discovery Center sounds great to me too!

I have a CB and will also have a winch by then. I've ran Gold Mountain before too so I can be tail gunner for ya. I'm sure there are jeeps far more capable than mine out there but just in case, you can count on me.

Jon
                              Ok cool! I figure we'll sort all of it out that morning and figure out who has the most experience, etc.

I put start time and CB channel in the OP.

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                              Take me off the maybe list I will be on the for sure list on this one. I Hope I dont hold you up... Oh and am should be good for me. I have a winch, straps, extra control arms, sway bar connect, tools, snatch block and other stuff.
                              Promoted to "going" list! Sounds like your rig will be more than capable of handling these trails.

Comment

Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
                                Big bear fest? Enlighten me please, thanks
                                Big Bear fest is the following week, Father's day weekend. It has a 275 vehicle max. From what I understand, it usually gets near full. It's all 4X vehicles allowed, not just Jeeps. There is also a raffle which is legendary from what I hear. There are runs Friday - Sunday and there's a large range of trails.

Myself and a few others on here are doing Devils Hole:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...une-15-17-2012

You're welcome to join this run. There are many others to choose from. A few (Holcomb) are already full for Saturday though.

EDIT: Just looked, Devils Hole and a few others are also full now.

To checkout the details and register, checkout:

http://www.ie4w.com/phpBB/BBFFregistration.php

Also note that most of the trails state at least 1 locker is required. I emailed the people running this with my build before I had a locker installed (Front locker now installed). I have and LSD in the rear which they said would be good enough. I do have a lift and 33's though.
                                Last edited by suicideking; 05-22-12, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X