This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NAILER341
    you can, but this time i bought some soft doors so i can bring them with me on the trail. it is a long way back to the ice house from the end of the trail.
    I know the icehouse is far off the main road. But how many minutes or miles?

Comment

• It is about 10 minutes from hwy 50.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Originally posted by igofshn
        It is about 10 minutes from hwy 50.
        its a lot further than that from where the trail lets out...
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGal
          most likely because no one has actually stated a departure time :-p

So ummmm okay...Chris and I (and the kids)will be going up the 5. We'll be happy to meet up with folks at the Flying J in Gorman at 7am. Leave NO LATER THEN 7:30 sharp.

Who's In?

Tammy
          Chris
          Mikey
          Erik
          Chris L?
          Sully/Brian?
          Stevo?
          TJTerry?
          Kirk?
          Ted and Deb?
          Paulhead?

Ill add names and remove the question marks as we go.

Tam
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• I may meet at the J. If not just look for a large white powerstroke deisel pulling a puckerd jeep on a trailer doing about 80. You guys can all cruise about 80 right?
            ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
            00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
            97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_L
              I may meet at the J. If not just look for a large white powerstroke deisel pulling a puckerd jeep on a trailer doing about 80. You guys can all cruise about 80 right?
              I could do 90 when I had 4.11 gears.

Comment

• Hwy 395 directions:

Take 395 north to Hwy 89, a few miles north of Topaz. Turn left on Hwy 89. Go 29 miles to Hwy 88/89, turn left. Go 6 miles to Luther Pass Rd, turn right. Go 11 miles to US 50, turn left. Icehouse Rd is 30 miles west.

This route is about 75 miles shorter for us - 441 miles vs. 517 miles. I found it useful to map to Topaz, CA, then from Topaz to Jones Place to force Y! maps to take us up 395. Jones Place is the only place I could get Y! maps to recognize. It is about 10 miles north of US 50, so almost to Icehouse.

517 miles over 8 hours means we have to average 65 mph, including stops. 441 miles over 8 hours means we average 55 mph including stops. If you figure actual travel time of 6.5 hours, the 441 mile trip can be done at 67 mph average travel speed with 1.5 hours of stops. I think way too much...
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

• Originally posted by rick
                  I think way too much...
                  Reading that my nugget did hurted.
                  So no pre-run, any basic checklist?
                  Spare parts, fuel, tow-srap, tools, food, sleeping bag, bug-off, shovel, fire-extinguisher.....etc.
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

• Tools, axles, u joints, tent, sleeping bag, something to cook food with, basic camping suplies like matches and first aid kit, flash light, cb radio, shovel, sun screen. I am sure I missed a bunch of things. Is anybody bringing a welder?

Comment

• Originally posted by rick
                      Hwy 395 directions:

Take 395 north to Hwy 89, a few miles north of Topaz. Turn left on Hwy 89. Go 29 miles to Hwy 88/89, turn left. Go 6 miles to Luther Pass Rd, turn right. Go 11 miles to US 50, turn left. Icehouse Rd is 30 miles west.

This route is about 75 miles shorter for us - 441 miles vs. 517 miles. I found it useful to map to Topaz, CA, then from Topaz to Jones Place to force Y! maps to take us up 395. Jones Place is the only place I could get Y! maps to recognize. It is about 10 miles north of US 50, so almost to Icehouse.

517 miles over 8 hours means we have to average 65 mph, including stops. 441 miles over 8 hours means we average 55 mph including stops. If you figure actual travel time of 6.5 hours, the 441 mile trip can be done at 67 mph average travel speed with 1.5 hours of stops. I think way too much...
                      Maybe if we do a convoy we should do it in groups. Those that can do 70 are the faster group and if you cant do 65 you are in the slower group.

Comment

• I've updated the first post with what I know. Feel free to add (mods only) or post here and we can add it.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341
                          I am still planning on attending, I just completed my move to Northern California and have not been online much. YJJoe is coming along from so Cal too. I will meet up with you all early Friday morning. I would like to get together with a smaller group of some of the MJR people with like built jeeps and abilities. Anyone want to team up, I suggest a 33" tire group. I have a mechanic riding with me and YJ Joe is handy with a wrench too.
                          See ya
                          456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

• I don't think you will find any tires less than 33" on this trip. Last year we had a couple of sets of 31's, but neither of those are going to make it this year. I believe that the group will split up again this year, at least into two groups...."the box" group, and the "non-box" group.....maybe more.
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• I won't be able to leave till about 2pm on Thursday, which won't put me there till late night. All I know is I don't think I have ever tackled any trail that has the reputation of this one.
                              Does anyone think 3.73 gears on 33" tires w/auto is gonna make it up there?
                              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

• It has been done (last year....Tam had 33's and [I think] a auto). It won't be a walk in the park.....this trail just doesn't stop...think of it as a 17 mile long rock garden.
                                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                                X