• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two cool websites to play with :

http://mapper.acme.com

and get your gps coords here:

http://www.rubicon4x4.com/rubicon-trail-gps-coord.shtml

kinda cool to look at...its hard to believe the actual distance between each stop is so short

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• chris, Im not sure of the mileage, but I use to drive that stretch once or twice a week, could make better time on 99, hwy 50 is east side of sac and 5 comes in west side, speed on 99 in 65 to 70 depends on if in town or not, a few place are 55 but very few, It all depends on what you want. I always used 99 if going to sac as was faster, but if was going to the bay I took 5 as it was faster, Only real prob with 5 is it can be boring as some places are few and far between..
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

• Originally posted by New one
        chris, Im not sure of the mileage, but I use to drive that stretch once or twice a week, could make better time on 99, hwy 50 is east side of sac and 5 comes in west side, speed on 99 in 65 to 70 depends on if in town or not, a few place are 55 but very few, It all depends on what you want. I always used 99 if going to sac as was faster, but if was going to the bay I took 5 as it was faster, Only real prob with 5 is it can be boring as some places are few and far between..
        Very true about the 5 being boring. I was just up in Auburn last week river rafting. Have not took the 99 in a while, just remember the right lane being messed up from all the trucks. I checked the milage on my GPS program and it mapped out shorter, but I just mapped both ways straight to Sac and the 5 seemed shorter. I always get lost/confused trying to get through sac and trying to find the 50 or the 80.
        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

• yeah i get to make it!!!
          no ing

Comment

• For those coming out of L.A., the 5 and 99 split right after the Grapevine. I would take 99 towards Fresno and Sacramento. More places to stop and a much more enjoyable ride. It might even be a little shorter.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• I might be out of this one. Went to the Bay area yesterday and on the return trip my right front tire on my Blazer decided to shear off all the lugs and went flying into traffic (the 580 can be very busy). Luckily nobody was hurt and my Blazer isn't damaged too bad. I had to leave it up in the Bay area, and hopefully I can get it fixed and back here before Thursday.

Comment

• BUMMER! its a good thing you werent towing the jeep at the time!
                you still have 3 days to fix it.
                hurry up!
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by igofshn
                  I might be out of this one. Went to the Bay area yesterday and on the return trip my right front tire on my Blazer decided to shear off all the lugs and went flying into traffic (the 580 can be very busy). Luckily nobody was hurt and my Blazer isn't damaged too bad. I had to leave it up in the Bay area, and hopefully I can get it fixed and back here before Thursday.
                  you'd BETTER make it, or they're going to come by and get you!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• glad no one was hurt Al.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• I'm definately out.

Comment

• I have never checked the mileage, but being a truck driver that use to drive to northern ca from either vegas or LA, I always found that 99 is fassster than I-5 plus if gonna get on 50 towards placerville it is real easy from 99, I never pay attention to miles, just how long it takes,
                        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                        4" rough country springs
                        Nth degree arms upper and lower
                        1" Currie MML/BL
                        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                        33"BFG MT's
                        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

• Originally posted by igofshn
                          I'm definately out.
                          That sucks Al. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help out, get there in time, or make you feel better. We'll miss you!!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Al.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• thats too bad, al! now who am i going to harass?!
                              well, we're going to miss you out there. what is so broken that you cant fix in the next couple of days?

:confused:
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Glad to hear your not dead, Al!

You could always drive the Jeep instead of towing it

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X