This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok cool, thanks
    Also does anyone know what they are doing with there doors? I remember someone saying the icehouse let them store them there.
    Just wondering, if no place to store them i will just bring htem in the back of my jeep.
    Thanks
    mike
    93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

• you can store them at icehouse, i think it's like 5 bucks a day. that's what we did last year, but since we're going up 395, we're going to try and find a place closer to 395, so it's not so out of the way. i can let you know when we find that special place
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• The name of the city is Pollock Pines

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• Map yourself to Placerville {I-5 to sacramento, then Hwy 50 to placerville} take Highway 50 east 15 1/2 miles to Ice House Rd. on the left.
          Ice House Resort is approximately 9 miles from Highway 50 located 1 1/2 miles before the lake. It's fairly easy to find.
          ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

• I found the problem with my jeep. Turns out the starter is'nt retracting all the way and is lightly grinding the flywheel causing the "mystery noise". Still can't make the trip though due to the "Mrs". Her morning sickness has her hormonal and delusional. She'd probably see the woods as a good place to stash my body :confused: . I ain't taking no chances. Have fun guys , I'm jealous.
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

• Chris,
              So i should take the 5 all the way there. Thats easy enough. So should i fill my tank before i get to the icehouse, if so whats the best/closest place to, or are we all going to fill up friday morning before we hit the trail?
              Thanks
              mike

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo
                Chris,
                So i should take the 5 all the way there. Thats easy enough. So should i fill my tank before i get to the icehouse, if so whats the best/closest place to, or are we all going to fill up friday morning before we hit the trail?
                Thanks
                mike
                Stevo!

Are you Jeep-a-vanning up with us on Thursday?
                Originally posted by sarah
                no, he's not leaving til the afternoon, remember!?
                If I remember correctly, the last place to get gas is in Placerville, though, that said, I remember last year being suprised that Ice House had gas. Call first and make sure that they still do.
                Originally posted by sarah
                IIRC, blktj had to drive back to pollock pines thursday night to get gas.
                Tam
                Last edited by sarah; 07-09-04, 09:34 PM. Reason: stevo is leaving in the afternoon, there is no gas at icehouse
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• i will call them and see if they have gas. But no i am not driving up with you all becuase i have to leave around 3 and i believe everyone is going early.
                  But if not let me know and driving up with someone would be great.
                  Thanks
                  mike

Comment

• I trailored last year with a full tank, and unloaded at Robbs place. I dont remember seeing any gas on ice house road, but I never stopped at ice house as robbs place is closer to the damn. If ice house has no gas, I would bring 5 gallons and fill up at placerville, then dump the five gallons at ice house and leave the can with your doors. A full tank will get you through no problem. If you need gas on the trail, just syphon some out of Al's or Eric's rig while their sleeping...
                    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_L
                      I trailored last year with a full tank, and unloaded at Robbs place. I dont remember seeing any gas on ice house road, but I never stopped at ice house as robbs place is closer to the damn. If ice house has no gas, I would bring 5 gallons and fill up at placerville, then dump the five gallons at ice house and leave the can with your doors. A full tank will get you through no problem. If you need gas on the trail, just syphon some out of Al's or Eric's rig while their sleeping...
                      HA! you're going to wake up in the morning on the next run with no SEATS! :haha:
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341
                        HA! you're going to wake up in the morning on the next run with no SEATS! :haha:
                        That would be tough on me, seeing I can barely see over the dash cross tube of the cage. I better bring a big 7 gallon bucket to sit on
                        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

• http://www.weather.com/weather/print/USCA0584
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• [weather]96145[/weather]

one week and we'll be at rubicon springs!
                            the weather is looking better as the days go on.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Stevo, Take 99 up to Hwy 50 in sac, it is fasssster and more civilization if you need gas or eats, plenty of places along 50 also for gas, Also i wish all you guys a great time and I will be here working but being jealous, Hopefully next year i will have a jeep capable of trying rubicon,
                              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                              4" rough country springs
                              Nth degree arms upper and lower
                              1" Currie MML/BL
                              Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                              33"BFG MT's
                              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

• Speed limit on Hwy 99 is 55. Speed limit on interstate 5 is 70.
                                From Valencia offramp to Sac
                                Velencia to Sac via 5 = 354 miles @ 70+
                                Valencia to Sac via 99 = 361 miles @55+ {more small towns and speed traps} Plus pavement on 99 is pretty screwed from all the trucking traffic.
                                The 5 is shorter and faster.
                                Last edited by Chris_L; 07-11-04, 10:41 AM.
                                00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                                97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X