This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allright,
    Well i guess i can just find directions off the internet. But where should is the icehouse, so i can just meet everyone there in the morning?
    Thanks
    mike
    93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

• hwy 50 east out of Sacramento. Icehouse road is about 15 miles past Placerville. Icehouse resort is about 10 miles north of hwy 50. http://www.icehouseresort.com/
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

• Does anyone have GPS coods for Icehouse? I want to make sure that the ones I have jive. I'm showing N38 49.449 W120 15.196, can anyone confirm or disconfirm these?

Thanks
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Uh...I dunno....That point looks to be about 5 miles east of Ice House Road, using NAD27 CONUS. What datum are you using?
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• what the hell is datum? :confused: :confused:
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukes69
              what the hell is datum? :confused: :confused:
              datum is why kirk showed up 10 miles east of panamint valley days last year!

chris, go to your prefs or setup.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• those co-ords are from Ice Houses website. We show them in an odd place as well.

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukes69
                  what the hell is datum? :confused: :confused:
                  Geodetic datums define the size and shape of the earth and the origin and orientation of the coordinate systems used to map the earth. Hundreds of different datums have been used to frame position descriptions since the first estimates of the earth's size were made by Aristotle. Datums have evolved from those describing a spherical earth to ellipsoidal models derived from years of satellite measurements.
                  Modern geodetic datums range from flat-earth models used for plane surveying to complex models used for international applications which completely describe the size, shape, orientation, gravity field, and angular velocity of the earth. While cartography, surveying, navigation, and astronomy all make use of geodetic datums, the science of geodesy is the central discipline for the topic.
                  Referencing geodetic coordinates to the wrong datum can result in position errors of hundreds of meters. Different nations and agencies use different datums as the basis for coordinate systems used to identify positions in geographic information systems, precise positioning systems, and navigation systems. The diversity of datums in use today and the technological advancements that have made possible global positioning measurements with sub-meter accuracies requires careful datum selection and careful conversion between coordinates in different datums.

Ok, all that said, I referenced the coordinates you provided agains NAD27 CONUS, WGS 72 & WGS 84 (the most common used in the US), and they all show you easy, and somewhat to the north of Icehouse Resivore, which is east of Icehouse road.
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• Nerd.
                    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

• So do we keep our doors at icehouse or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sully
                        So do we keep our doors at icehouse or what?
                        you can, but this time i bought some soft doors so i can bring them with me on the trail. it is a long way back to the ice house from the end of the trail.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by goodtimes
                          Geodetic datums define the size and shape of the earth and the origin and orientation of the coordinate systems used to map the earth. Hundreds of different datums have been used to frame position descriptions since the first estimates of the earth's size were made by Aristotle. Datums have evolved from those describing a spherical earth to ellipsoidal models derived from years of satellite measurements.
                          Modern geodetic datums range from flat-earth models used for plane surveying to complex models used for international applications which completely describe the size, shape, orientation, gravity field, and angular velocity of the earth. While cartography, surveying, navigation, and astronomy all make use of geodetic datums, the science of geodesy is the central discipline for the topic.
                          Referencing geodetic coordinates to the wrong datum can result in position errors of hundreds of meters. Different nations and agencies use different datums as the basis for coordinate systems used to identify positions in geographic information systems, precise positioning systems, and navigation systems. The diversity of datums in use today and the technological advancements that have made possible global positioning measurements with sub-meter accuracies requires careful datum selection and careful conversion between coordinates in different datums.

Ok, all that said, I referenced the coordinates you provided agains NAD27 CONUS, WGS 72 & WGS 84 (the most common used in the US), and they all show you easy, and somewhat to the north of Icehouse Resivore, which is east of Icehouse road.
                          WTF is that noise in my ears? BZZZZZZZZ......BZZZZZZZZZZ! Oh, it's goodtimes talking again!! What's up man! I want to go on this trip sooooo bad, but I have to buy a house. Long story-you don't want to know.
                          I'm going to try and get myself out to Az in Sept-Oct and have you show me some trails.
                          Money pit!

Comment

• Originally posted by goodtimes

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK... settle down now before you break something
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• This thread has gotten so long, I am unsure of the departure time. I figure friday am around 8 am. I will be up there thursday late afternoon. cell is 310-293-7042. will be towing up thursday very early. shoould be there by 1 or 2 pm. My friend Chris Bassett will meet us on the trail later on friday. We are playing in his backyard. He is a good guide, espeacilly for the hard stuff. Hopefully we can hook up with him. He wont be getting there until friday afternoon and may meet us at spider lake. will see.
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

• most likely because no one has actually stated a departure time :-p

So ummmm okay...Chris and I (and the kids)will be going up the 5. We'll be happy to meet up with folks at the Flying J in Gorman at 7am. Leave NO LATER THEN 7:30 sharp.

Who's In?

Tammy
                                Chris
                                Mikey
                                Erik
                                Chris L
                                Sully/Brian?
                                Stevo?
                                TJTerry?
                                Kirk?
                                Paulhead?

Ill add names and remove the question marks as we go.

Tam
                                Last edited by JeepGal; 06-30-04, 06:04 PM.
                                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                                X