This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAILER341
    of course, you will need spare axles, and other misc parts.
    Smoked oysters, Ritz crackers, Tabascoe sause.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
      i'm not sure what you are asking... it seems like "can i have a ride" and i want to drive my jeep
      for the cherokee.. 33" tires, rocker protection, strap points, no fear for body damage. a locker would be nice... but if you are well equipped, and flexy.. you'll be fine.
      of course, you will need spare axles, and other misc parts.
      That basically answers my question. AS for what i said after, im not sure what i meant...lol. My jeep has no mods as of now(will change that soon) and i am a "noobie" to the offroad driving world.
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

If weather permits , top or no top?

Comment

I'll be going with no top

Comment

Gotta have the top (but no doors or windows....maybe it's just me, but my head gets sunburned if I don't keep the top up.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Bikini top no doors for me if I take my jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                Bikini top no doors for me if I take my jeep.
                same for me... unless i get some soft doors by then.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I am still in along with my brother Rick riding shotgun. Joe is still going too.
                  Top on with no side curtains and half doors for me.
                  456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

I might be taking my front doors off as well if the weather permits so.
                    It will be a lot of fun
                    mike
                    93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

I've been driving my jeep more than usual to get any bugs out of it now. I'm getting nickeled and dimed to death.First both my rear bearings had to get replaced, my fan clutch took a dump and replaced it. Still overheating so I replaced the thermostat, still over heating so now I'm having the radiator rodded (as we speak) hopeing I do'nt have to replaced it. 2 weeks ago my ignition went out. I think my clutch slave cylinder is leaking. With all the stuff I've replaced on it the last 2 years I'm gonna' end up having a new 88 YJ on my hands.

Comment

Replace your radiator. It's about$150 for a 3 core steel radiator. Much better.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Hmmm... interesting. About 2 years ago I went through most of the same stuff (and much much more) on my 86 CJ... I guess 18 years is enough .

We're going bikini, windjammer, and doors (i guess - sarah makes me keep the doors on for long trips). Those of you with a bikini should invest in a windjammer, you will be amazed at the difference on the highway. We may leave the doors at Icehouse again, but it's tough to justify driving all the way back there on the last day when we should be heading down the road.

Who are the CJs that are going? Who's bringing what spares? I still need to get some front 30 shafts... I should have spare rear shafts for the semi floating wide track D44 (for all of us 1986 CJs...), but I don't know if I'll have the fronts by then or not.
                          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                            Replace your radiator. It's about$150 for a 3 core steel radiator. Much better.
                            Turns out the radiator was only partially clogged, not enough to restrict flow. (Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread for this)
                            Any chance the water pump is not doing its job without signs of failure from the outside.I've done everything else. People keep telling me to take out my thermostat but I did'nt like the temperature fluctuations I experienced especially offroad where it would heat up fast and stay hot. Ideads? thanx.
                            88 4.2L , carburated.

Comment

Darn....I'm having carb problems (the dreaded BBD Carter) I'm going to try and make a swap to the mc2100 next week. Hopefully I can get all this worked out before hand or I'll have to wait and try some other time.
                              Dave

Comment

Jeeper Creeper - check your pms.
                                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                                X