Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sucks Al! Glad you werent hurt. Rent a uhaul pickup if you must. You have to make this trip!

I'm rootin' for ya al!

Comment

• My Tent is in the jeep- jeep is on the trailer- all I have left is to load some food and hook onto trailer.

I will be working till Tursday at 4 in Burbank-Flying to Sacramento at 5:40 PM. Meet up with Bro-Rick at airport-driving north to Paradise to pick-up jeep. Then up at 4 AM to drive to Ice house to leave truck and trailer. I should be at the Ice House before 7 AM. No room for error.
      Do not wait for me I will catch up if I am late, I have a winch and a rock stacker. But I will be there.

Hey Al I bet that ride in a 3 legged Blazer was EXCITING. It could have been worse. Suprise us and show up this weekend.

4 DAYs

Terry
      456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

• Sounds cool Terry!

I have Blue doors on my Jeep right now

and were beginning packing today

YAY! Rubicon here we come!!!

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• "Als Wild Ride"

Sounds like a new attraction at California Adventures

Tam

Comment

• Is anyone carrying a welder of some sort in our group? I will bring enough steel strips and whatnot to do trailside repair, but I dont have a trail machine.

Maybe we get some idea as to spares?

I will be carrying D30 L+R F axles(with shorts) for a CJ, D30 L+R front ""
            for a TJ. Ujoints, and hardware. Rears we both have alloy 1 piece, so no spares there.

Puncture kit, fix a flat(aerosol), slime, 2- 10 lbs outback air, ether to reset a broken bead.

Sepentine belts for TJ and CJ(6cyl)

Also how about a rough Idea of food supplies. Its been years since I've camped self sufficient. When the kids were small we motorhomed it and carried EVERYTHING. Now with limmited space, I dont have a great idea what works for us (other than baloney samiches)

Is the a comunity barbeq one nite?

This is just a heads up,hopefully short thread, Sarah mabey start a new thread.
            Just trying to get the last minute stuff together, cause I'm done thinking about it.

Chris I wil get those shafts.

Comment

• Welder = 2 or 3 batteries in series with 6013 rod... It'll work in a pinch. I'm bringing some 6013 rod. I don't have 3 sets of jumper cables, but I would assume most folks have a set. It would be cool if someone had some dark goggles instead of using sunglasses
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

• For the record... the unit bearings Dukes will be bringing work for 97-99 TJ D30s.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• Welder- I carry a flat welding helmet, heavy jumper cables and several welding rods. Joe also carries heavy cables. So welding should not be a problem.

I also am bring cordless sawsall and drill with different lengths of metal for patches. I need to pack some radiator sodier when I get home.

I also have a spare TJ tie rod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian4.2
                    Also how about a rough Idea of food supplies. Its been years since I've camped self sufficient. When the kids were small we motorhomed it and carried EVERYTHING. Now with limmited space, I dont have a great idea what works for us (other than baloney samiches)
                    Im bringing stuff to bbq each night, but my lil coleman stove is pretty small. Erik has one too. who else is bringing a gril? We can try to grill something the at Rubicon Springs...We did have a group BBQ at Icehouse. They have some grills in front of the rooms I just confirmed that the Ice House indeed has gas...at $2.99 a gal.

Originally posted by rick
                    Welder = 2 or 3 batteries in series with 6013 rod... It'll work in a pinch. I'm bringing some 6013 rod. I don't have 3 sets of jumper cables, but I would assume most folks have a set. It would be cool if someone had some dark goggles instead of using sunglasses
                    Ill have Chris pack something.
                    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-13-04, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGal
                      Sounds cool Terry!

I have Blue doors on my Jeep right now

and were beginning packing today

YAY! Rubicon here we come!!!

Tam
                      Blue doors are cool I need some.

I will catch up with you at Ice House so they can be left in my truck.

Comment

• [QUOTE=I will

Is the a comunity barbeq one nite?

I will be bring two small cooler chest one with extra ice and dry ice. I will keep my fresh salmon and meat frozen until a few hours before meals. Then I will use the remaining ice on saturaday for other cooler chest.

I prefer to keep breakfast super simple and fast. I want to be on the trail early not cooking and washing dishes before the days trail ride.

I also bring a lot of snacks and sandwich stuff in case we are on the trail late or fixing a broken jeep with no time to cook in the evening.

Also freeze water in drinking water bottles lasts longer than ice cubes. Then drink H2O as it melts.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjTerry
                          Also freeze water in drinking water bottles lasts longer than ice cubes. Then drink H2O as it melts.

He stole my idea. :mad: That's the best idea for ice and aqua. I'll have a cooler with just frozen water bottles in it.
                          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                            I have one last question before we head up.
                            Do we need to purchase a trail pass or anything like that before we go and if we do can it be gotten at the icehouse?
                            Thanks, see you guys late thursday or early friday morning.
                            Mike
                            93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

• No permits needed.
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• Originally posted by blkTJ
                                For the record... the unit bearings Dukes will be bringing work for 97-99 TJ D30s.

Thanks for the axles brian! It was nice doing business with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X