Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha, well I already know they are slick when wet! But honestly it's not wet around here very often, so I'll probably just leave them until I can find a friend who has some grip tape scraps from a skateboard that I can have
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• That'll work. I don't know about L.A., but it has been significantly wetter out here the last few years since late 2009/ early 2010. Now I have to watch the weather forecasts and be careful what I leave outside. Still, probably seems bone dry to someone from Louisiana.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

• In Louisiana, we get rain all the time, it's a given! But out here, rain is rare. I'm not worried I do have a job offer in Southern Louisiana, but I'm not building my jeep for that, I'm building for the desert, that's where I'm gonna stay
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Get a cheap cheese grater/zester, cut off the zesting side and tack weld or tec screw it to the pedal face. If your foot slips off that you're wearing teflon shoes.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

• that's not gonna work when I drive my jeep bare foot!! :-D haha

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
              that's not gonna work when I drive my jeep bare foot!! :-D haha
              No, but it will make you tougher. :whip:

How do you build a Jeep for Southern Louisiana? Pontoons?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

• Look good Daniel, can't wait to see it back on the road!

This is what I used on my pedals:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Safety-Walk.../dp/B000H5Q78C

It is also great for replacing the cork on tripod heads, it works much better. I bought mine by the foot from my local Ace hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                  No, but it will make you tougher. :whip:

How do you build a Jeep for Southern Louisiana? Pontoons?
                  Paddle wheel or one of them big propellors on the back

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Paddle wheel or one of them big propellors on the back
                    Big gator bar on the front.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

• The tires are from Louisiana, that's enough for me Super Swampers

Comment

• You can take this route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSoMjTJ4qY
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

• I work slow :yawn: But I'm getting there.

Here's the bracket and pivoting 'mechanism' (bolt) for the throttle cable.

The cable sheath will be mounted to the bracket at the back, not quite sure how far down I'll mount it, but probably near the bottom, I'll drill the hole when I figure that out. And then I'll weld on a strip of metal with various holes in it (for adjustment) on the end of the bolt head. The cable itself will attach to the bottom of the strip, and a short piece of metal or a small chain will attach the top part of the strip to the actual throttle lever (which needs to be pulled forward to open it up)

Last edited by daniel_buck; 09-12-13, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Got the alternator installed! Used a 'universal' upper arm, drilled a new mounting hole and cut it off shorter so that it fit. I may re-drill the mounting hole on the upper arm an inch farther in or so, to have the arm stick out a bit less, but I'll wait until I see how it is with the fenders and MB headlights in there, if it's not in the way of anything, then I'll leave it.

Had to make a few trips to the parts store to get the right size belt, but it's a perfect length now.

Comment

• Gettin' there! I like the antique radiator in front of the modern diesel engine!
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

• That work is very clean. I'm fearing for your axles though. Any plans for them?
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X