Big Bear Jeep Trails | California
Scattered throughout the San Bernardino National Forest, you’ll have a chance to explore trails from mild to (moderately) wild.
Big Bear is rockin’ all year round! During the winter the trails are caked in snow, and summertime brings warm temps with cool nights – perfect for staying at one of the many campgrounds maintained by the forest service. Be sure to bring bug spray, and lots of sunscreen.
Maps & Local Information
- Doug’s San Bernardino National Forest Trail Guide
- Big Bear Area Maps
- Big Bear North Yellow Post Sites
- Big Bear Northwest Yellow Post Sites
- Big Bear South Yellow Post Sites
- Visit our FAQ page and find answers to common questions
Check the fire restrictions before you head out. The Fawnskin Fire Station is a vehicle-friendly place to meet. And, of course, don’t miss our trail reports and maps below.
Vehicle Access in the Forests
The National Forest Adventure Pass or the new America the Beautiful Interagency Recreation Pass is required for vehicles parked on National Forest land for recreation. This includes camping! Get yours online.
- San Bernardino Nat’l Forest Homepage https://www.sbnfa.org
- CA DOT Road Closures: 800/427-ROAD https://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/
- All SBNF Ranger Stations