Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin! They're there - EEEEEK!!!! And watch out for those water snakes too, when they look you in the eye they will make you scream like a little girl! You are truly in the wilderness on this trail.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

allrighty well my jeep isnt gonna be ready for this trip So im wondering if anyone has an extra seat and some space for my stuff??? Im from Sacramento and im pretty sure i can drive my jeep up to icehouse and meet up with everyone i just need a seat for the trail. oh yea, im 16 too if thats a problem with anyone
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

is there anyway to trailer your rig up there, or is the trail only 1 way in and 1 way out
        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
        |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
        ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
        Locked and Ready

Comment

The trail is one way in, one way out, and the end points are a long ways apart. You start at Loon lake and end up at Lake Tahoe.
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

so that means u cant?
            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
            |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
            ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
            Locked and Ready

Comment

We left our tow vehicle at icehouse with all the doors and stuff and after we finished rubicon we just drove back around the mountain and back up to icehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                Mountains, Bears.. always thought they went hand in hand
                yeah, but this is California! I thought we'd killed of all our indegenous (sp?) wildlife.
                Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

yea what i might do is leave the trailer and doors down in san jose, and just drive the rest of the way
                  ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                  |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                  ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                  Locked and Ready

Comment

What's everyone using for a pooper scooper?

Comment

First off...Doors can be left at Ice House safely for a small fee. It is a bit of a pain to have to come back for them, but better then driving all day without to get there. I think the trailer can be left there as well. It takes a few hours to get back there from Tahoe.

Dont laugh at this...but for the last two years, Chris and I, along with my girls, have taken an Imodium before hitting the trail in the morning. No negative affects, just no need to take a dump That said, Im bringing our cardboard potty with us, and some chemicals so we dont have to smell it if it does happen. This is a VERY important issue. Make sure you have something planned. Crapping in the woods WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                        First off...Doors can be left at Ice House safely for a small fee. It is a bit of a pain to have to come back for them, but better then driving all day without to get there.

Crapping in the woods WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Tam

I enjoyed the drive from Los Angeles to the trail without the doors. Earplugs help.

For this trail (and possibly a few other high use trails without suitable topsoil depth to facilitate proper burial of the previous days lunch), I would agree with the anti-crapping campaign.

One of these years I'm gonna make it back out there..........
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                          What's everyone using for a pooper scooper?
                          I carry my 5 gal bucket with seat and put everything in plastic bags for disposal later.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                            I carry my 5 gal bucket with seat and put everything in plastic bags for disposal later.
                            I was thinking something with kitty litter.

Comment

I like the idea of the bucket w/ kitty litter but I like the idea of the Imodium better. I will probably do both.

Totally, yes totally, unrelated to doing your business in the woods how about brushing teeth? I know the standard is to just bring toothbrush and toothpaste but I have another idea. I stopped this morning to get coffee and they handed out samples of Oral B's Brush Ups. If you dont know what they are, they are a textured wipe that fits over a finger so you can brush your teeth anytime anywhere. I think I am going to pack these for the trip.
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

spend a few bucks on "wag bags" and you'll be glad you did.
                                i bought a case of them like 6 months ago, and still have plenty. just throw a few in your jeep for every trip.

http://www.botac.com/petwagbag12b.html

For use with the PETT™ portable toilet, these waste bag kits come with everything you need to continually dispose of personal waste in a quick and hygienic process. Each one contains the quick gelling Pooh-Powder and waste bag, a zip-close disposal bag, along with toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Prepare for long outings, or use in boats, campers, outhouses, and standard toilets when water is not available.

* Kit includes: Disposal and zip-close bags, Pooh-Powder, toilet paper, and hand sanitizer
                                * Can be used in many circumstances
                                * Landfill Approved - used bags can be disposed of with normal garbage

shop around, as the prices are all over the place. i think the link i posted above is a fair price. from what i have seen, it only goes up from there

these work well. there is no smell, and it is a nicely packaged item with most everything you need to take a proper dump on the trail. they do not supply enough paper for a clean wipe though, so bring extra.
                                :poop:
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X