Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by suicideking View Post
    I'm not taking sides here, but when wheeling with Renato, he was a good person to have on the trails. He was a good spotter and gave good guidance.

I do understand that his buggy may not be legal on the trails. However, is there any enforcement? I'm still relatively new to the hobby, have had my Jeep since October. On the trail runs I have been on (around every 2-3 weeks or so) I have only come across one ranger. That was not REALLY on a trail either, it was a transition trail leading to Miller. Like many laws, if not enforced, somewhat pointless.
    Hey Suicide King,

My issue isnt whether I was wrong or not, if anyone goes back to view my post I havent tried to defend my actions once, Ive done my best to be respectful to FishPoet and this site, All I wanted is to meet good people to go wheeling with and BE SAFE AND RESPECTFUL, Just because something is not enforced like it should be doesnt mean its still ok, Example: running a stop sign when there is no law enforcement around. The point is of the stop sign is to keep people safe, doing it when no one is looking doesnt make it right either way.
    My issue is simple DISCRIMINATION, Last I checked a 4x4 vehicle all stripped away is just a motor mounted on 2 frame rails with 2 axles, the motor to be deemed "street legal" (generally speaking) needs to pass smog, which means catalytic converter and acceptal muffler/exhaust, proper 02 censors,and gas cap that properly seals. That being said theres a sheet metal body thrown on top for aesthethic value afterwards, (jeep, toyota, chevy,whatever), then the proper turn signals, head lights. Anywhere I have wheeled, not just Big Bear, I have seen rig after rig with modifications on it that much have pretty much made it a buggy, Jeeps, toyota, Chevys whatever that are so far modified that all thats left are a couple of quarter panels and a hood that give it the aesthetic value that its still whatever it was, but that didnt make them any more legal than me, Here is an example of what Ive seen on here: No mudflaps! Thats illegal, No windshields! No mirrors! Broken or now tail lights or turn signals You name it and its on here, My buggy now has all the neccessary equipment on the motor for legality and despite a few minor details is now street legal, The last time I was in Big Bear I cant tell you how many Fjs, Hummers and God knows what other ill equipped vehicles I saw destroying the trails trying to make it up the obstacles, I helped most of them through for fear of the the damage they were causing, Guess what! I had no problems going through anything leaving a virtually light foot print, in fact, I even picked up water bottles some of them left behind.... So whats the real issue here.... That my rig looks different so FishPoet doesnt like it? Maybe at some point he had a bad experience so now he is jumping on other forums to call me out!!!, I have asked respectfully for no one to post pics of my rig out of respect for FishPoet and this Forum but he goes trolling and brings up old crap!!! What the heck! Really? He has never ONCE wheeled with me or met me and aside from a few photos is he is only going off of has somehow decided that I am a threat to everything he stands for.If he is going to be so passionate about breaking the law then he should start by being equal accross the board and start calling everyone out on here thats not legal... Thats why we have an impartial legal system right? So whos acting like a hypocrite?2500 hundred hours of volunteer work or not doesnt absolve you of being discriminatory and completely being biased brotha! If anything he has tarnished this site at this point more than I have with all the judgemental and one sided views he has displayed....Like I said, if I had insight on your personal life Im sure I can find all sorts of illegal things I and other people would not find acceptable that you do on a day to day basis..... And to top it off he resorts to bashing me with disrespectful name calling! " Whinning, Hypocrite" He doesnt even know me.......I have never once disrespected him.....In the end I see one thing....Discrimination out of Aesthetic Value.... Thats what is comes down to..... Although im sure there will be some response to this post attacking me yet again personally and some attempt to redicule me.... well.... Im over it.
    Last edited by toycrawler5481; 07-19-12, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
      Just because something is not enforced like it should be doesnt mean its still ok,
      Are those just words? You knew that your buggy was not allowed in and around Big Bear and yet you did it twice. It doesn't get any more disrespectful than that.

Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
      My buggy now has all the neccessary equipment on the motor for legality and despite a few minor details is now street legal
      Yesterday you stated your buggy is street legal. Today you state that it is only mostly street legal. This is very typical of the statements coming from you. When you actually take your buggy to a referee and and can prove that it meets all DOT codes and all CVC codes to be street legal, then and only then will it be street legal.

As I explained yesterday and I can only assume you chose to ignore my statement, there is a huge difference between your buggy with 50 or more violations to the DOT and CVC codes and is not currently registered as a street legal vehicle driving on the streets and street legal roads in and around Big Bear vs a vehicle that is missing mud flaps. For some reason you are really struggling to understand this simplest of concepts. I challenge you to drive your rock buggy down to the Fontana PD or over to the local CHP and have them explain the difference to you.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• I'm going to hop on this too! Yay!

First of all, I thank you for keeping a cool head and not resorting to name-calling or anything most of the other people in your situation would do.

Second, I thought you said you were over MJR because of FishPOET's comments? I think since you're doing illegal things which obviously are greatly frowned upon by MJR, you won't be missed. Harsh, but true.

Third, you're trying to say there's tons of people destroying the trails in illegal vehicles? I call b.s. on that one. There's runs posted here almost every week and I look at most of the pictures. I see vehicles that may be missing mud flaps based on their height, or no mirrors, but as FishPOET already pointed out, it's about the nature of the vehicle. In his example of driving two vehicles to the CHP office. More realistically, do you drive your buggy to and from the trail? I drive my Jeep over 100 miles to and from the trails and don't get harassed by the police. It is truly street legal. Even if most of the infractions you're talking about (lights out, mirrors, etc.) are ever a problem, it's a simple fix-it ticket and no different than all the beat up hondas on the road. Your vehicle is completely illegal and would likely be impounded if you were caught driving it on I-10.

I don't think FishPOET or other members here are discriminating against anything other than the obvious illegal actions you've repeatedly taken and posted pictures of. As has been reiterated multiple times, this helps nobody. It is especially frustrating to those of us that fight so hard to keep trails open. FishPOET does more for our public land than anybody I know and I know how important these issues are to him and the rest of us.

Please, for the sake of our public land that we work so hard to keep open, only run your rig where it is legal. Don't run street legal only routes and simply not post the pictures on MJR, just don't do it.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Theres no problem, thank u for all ur input, ill steering away from this forum, hope nothing but the best for everyone on here, i wont be responding again, sorry to cause a rukus, thank u

Comment

Working...
          X