Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to thank Rick for putting this run together; I had a great time and met a bunch of new friends even Toycrawler 5481. You know FishPoet we as group we kinda enabled Toycrawler along and I myself even found him a good parking spot for his tow rig. So I guess we are all to blame, maybe we should have said something but honestly it didn’t even occur to me but it said it right on the maps that he had to be street legal. He’s really not such a bad guy once you get to know him; he even picked up his own litter and packed it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by novabrian72 View Post
      That's a custom bend for extreme wheelin.I can bend yours too for only $300.Let me know if you're interested.
      That's a deal if I ever herd one

Comment

• A few random videos:

Last edited by suicideking; 06-11-12, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
          ...first off, I have no intentions of defending my actions... I know what I did and you are completely on the right, I can't speak for anyone else who thrashes and has no regard for any of Our lands, it's all we have, we have to take care of it, the temptation got the best of me
          http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188919

Please tell me that you weren't running the trails AGAIN in Big Bear the very next weekend after your post where you claimed to understand and did not want us to stereotype you.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

• Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
            http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188919

Please tell me that you weren't running the trails AGAIN in Big Bear the very next weekend after your post where you claimed to understand and did not want us to stereotype you.
            Thanks for your concern, all street legal and legit now(well despite having to weld tabs n such for permanent break lights n such),Surprisingly simpler than i thought, didnt want to worry bout running from the johnny law anymore lol! thanks tho
            Last edited by toycrawler5481; 07-17-12, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your concern, all street legal and legit now(well despite having to weld tabs n such for permanent break lights n such),Surprisingly simpler than i thought, didnt want to worry bout running from the johnny law anymore lol! thanks tho
              If this is the vehicle in question there is not a chance it is street legal in California no matter how many tabs you welded on.

Nothing positive can come from you running this vehicle on the streets and street legal roads in and around Big Bear.
              Last edited by FishPOET; 07-18-12, 10:43 AM.
              Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

If this is the vehicle in question there is not a chance it is street legal in California no matter how many tabs you welded on.

Nothing positive can come from you running this vehicle on the streets and street legal roads in and around Big Bear.

Im sorry you feel this way but i understand ur concern, but at this point ive been more than respectful to ur constant scrutiny of me, i sure hope u act this way with all vehicles who are running with illegal exhaust intakes, no mud flaps, no front lincense plates, no windshields, and God knows whatever else have seen up in Big Bear who are suppossedly "Street Legal", So obviously you must have some personal thing agaisnt me and for the life of me I dont know why being we have never met. As a Christian Im going to turn the other cheek but just know that you have officially turned me off to wanting to continue with this forum. Its a shame because I have met some amazing great people but to those who I have met You have my info and I hope to wheel with you again. If you wanted me out you got your wish Sir, Thank God your Judgemental nature isnt the end all say all! You have never seen my rig up close and you have no idea what I went thru to street legal it but Im sure at this point nothing would satisfy you. My buddy who is in most of those pics with the full buggy Fj is street legal too... but Im sure that doesnt fit your requirements either.... oh well.... cant win them all.... Good luck Brother! God Bless! Thank you.
                Last edited by toycrawler5481; 07-18-12, 10:49 AM.

Comment

but i understand ur concern
                  Actually you don't understand my concern whatsoever. My concern is that trails are closing at an alarming rate because selfish people like you couldn't give a crap about the struggles many of the rest of us go through to try to keep the trails open.

Comment

Well put Fishpoet, I respect completely where you are coming from, first off, I have no intentions of defending my actions... I know what I did and you are completely on the right, I can't speak for anyone else who thrashes and has no regard for any of Our lands, it's all we have, we have to take care of it, the temptation got the best of me
                    So I guess you were just talking out of your ass in this post?

Comment

i sure hope u act this way with all vehicles who are running with illegal exhaust intakes, no mud flaps, no front lincense plates, no windshields, and God knows whatever else have seen up in Big Bear who are suppossedly "Street Legal"

You have never seen my rig up close and you have no idea what I went thru to street legal it but Im sure at this point nothing would satisfy you.
                      OK Mr Hypocrite...time to put up or shut up. You drive your buggy over to the local CHP office and I'll borrow someone's vehicle that is missing one of the items you mentioned and we'll have a little chat with Johnny Law. And when your vehicle gets impounded I'll give you a ride home. That's the difference.

Comment

So I guess you were just talking out of your ass in this post?
                        Dont be disrespectful..... I havent once cursed at you.... Ive been sincere... If you cant control your emotions you shouldnt be doing this... I didnt set fire to SB national forest or cut down the Rain forest so dont act like I have... I bet if I knew you personally I could find a cause that im passionate about that you could care less about... like recycling..., abortions, and anything else we might have a diffence of opnions on...so but please dont hold me personally responsible to everything that is wrong with wheeling.....

Comment

please dont hold me personally responsible to everything that is wrong with wheeling.....
                          I am only holding you responsible for your actions.

Originally posted by toycrawler5481 View Post
                          Ive been sincere
                          The only thing you have been sincere about is your whining that you didn't want to be stereotyped. The rest of the words you typed mean nothing when compared to your actions.

In fact you deserved to be stereotyped. You have in the past and your actions prove out that you will continue to in the future, drive your non street legal buggy on the street legal roads and street legal trails in and around Big Bear without care or concern for the future of anyone elses OHV recreation.

Comment

I am only holding you responsible for your actions.

The only thing you have been sincere about is your whining that you didn't want to be stereotyped. The rest of the words you typed mean nothing when compared to your actions.

In fact you deserved to be stereotyped. You have in the past and your actions prove out that you will continue to in the future, drive your non street legal buggy on the street legal roads and street legal trails in and around Big Bear without care or concern for the future of anyone elses OHV recreation.
                            "Whining" wow brother, no problem, stereo type away... God bless brotha!

Comment

• I'm not taking sides here, but when wheeling with Renato, he was a good person to have on the trails. He was a good spotter and gave good guidance.

I do understand that his buggy may not be legal on the trails. However, is there any enforcement? I'm still relatively new to the hobby, have had my Jeep since October. On the trail runs I have been on (around every 2-3 weeks or so) I have only come across one ranger. That was not REALLY on a trail either, it was a transition trail leading to Miller. Like many laws, if not enforced, somewhat pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                                I'm not taking sides here, but when wheeling with Renato, he was a good person to have on the trails. He was a good spotter and gave good guidance.

I do understand that his buggy may not be legal on the trails. However, is there any enforcement? I'm still relatively new to the hobby, have had my Jeep since October. On the trail runs I have been on (around every 2-3 weeks or so) I have only come across one ranger. That was not REALLY on a trail either, it was a transition trail leading to Miller. Like many laws, if not enforced, somewhat pointless.
                                It's not pointless. We promote responsible offroading on this site and driving a non street legal vehicle on a street legal only trail is not responsible offroading. I don't know Renato and I'm sure his a nice guy but when illegal activity gets posted it makes us look bad. It gives the greenies that are trying to close all the trails more ammunition against us and make our fight even tougher.

There is enforcement but like everything now a days it is scaled back due to budget constraints. We need to be responsible for our own actions.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X