Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rear is on the ground. Brake lines are installed on the axle, ARB line is installed, EVAP canister is in, and I finished putting the sending unit which I had to modify in the tank and got it installed.

Calipers and rotors are from a 77 Chevy K20.

Got a little of the tire exposed. Should have no problems with stability.

Still need to cut the wheel wells.

I solved the issue with the heim on the pitman arm binding.

Cut the side off the front bumper to help with the approach plus lost 20 more pounds.
    Check out .

Comment

• Well Sir, I would say you made some pretty darn good progress. Looking really good Chuck.
      You might just get it ready for that fun Moab trip

Comment

• That looks great Chuck. Doesn't progress feel good? All painted and everything too. You're way ahead of me now, I'm sure you'll be rolling way befre me. Congrats!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• This thing is sure taking shape.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• That is really starting to look like one killer CJ! Great work!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Thanks guys. Today was a good day. Starting to feel like I'm making progress. The front should be on the ground in the next two weeks.
              Check out .

Comment

• Really making some good progress!
                http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

• lookin really clean Chuck, can't wait to see ya on the trail!

Comment

• [COLOR="Sienna"]Cannot wait to see you wheeling this thing Chuck! Plus, can't wait to steal whatever I can (ideas, not tires).[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      Cut the side off the front bumper to help with the approach plus lost 20 more pounds.
                      It looks like a CJ again!! And almost on all fours to?
                      Dennis and Tammy
                      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• While you guys were out having fun I stayed home to get a little more done on the project.

Got the rear uppers covered inside the cab.
                        Before

Template

Complete

Still trying to shed some weight I contacted Gerald and wanted to see if the Savvy YJ aluminum corners would fit on my CJ. I was pretty sure they would fit and they did. Bolted right up with no modifications other then redrilling the holes for the new corners. My original steel corners weighed 37 lbs. each. These bad boys only weighed 13 lbs. each after cutting the wheel wells. I did add wheel flares to try to cover the wheels a little which brought the weight up to 27 lbs. Still came out ahead and saved 68 total lbs.

Check out .

Comment

• Coming along nicely Chuck, but ya still missed out on a nice day on the rocks and in the gopher hole, that to me was the coolest thing

Comment

• excellent work Chuck, you'v gone farther than i was able to go, sheet metal work is not my thing,

Comment

• those aluminum corners look bad ass with the tube fenders. u did a clean job on those by the way.

Comment

• Thanks Guys

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                                excellent work Chuck, you'v gone farther than i was able to go, sheet metal work is not my thing,
                                It's not mine either. Took a little longer then it should have. I kept burning holes in the 16 gauge stuff. The center tunnel is going to be a real challenge.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X