Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look'n good Chuck,great job on the rear corners.Is it on all fours yet?
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Almost Dennis. It hopefully will be on all fours with in the next two weeks. I'm still working on the fitment of the upper control arm.
      Check out .

Comment

• Well, the Jeep is finally on the ground. Looks like my math was correct. Ride height is perfect. 23” to the bottom of the skid.

First time outside in 5 months. Had to wash all the dust and dirt out of the engine bay.

I still had a little binding on the passenger side of the drag link but I think I found a solution. I’m changing from heims to 3/4 ton Chevy TRE. The TRE’s have about 12 more degrees of motion. These are the Moog ES2026R and ES2027L.

The binding was preventing full droop by 1” Should have no more issues with that.
        Check out .

Comment

• [COLOR="Sienna"]Chuck! Yer making me itch to get my hands into my CJ! Can't wait to see you on the trail with it, maybe lose your reputation?[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Chuck you are doing a really great job on your jeep. It will be great to see it when it is done.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• way to much math for me Chuck...Looks awesome man!

Comment

• Yeah,That is a Bad Ass looking CJ,what a cool stance it's got.You and Kurt both on the road May 1'st,right?
                Dennis and Tammy
                Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Great job Chuck! Jeep looks awesome.
                  Can't wait to see it perform.

Scott

Comment

• Lookin' good, so close.

I came to the same conclusion about the steering linkage, going with TREs instead of heims. Have you got a tapered reamer yet? I was going to see if I could find one up here at Cal Aero, they have tons of stuff like that, but totally unorganized or labeled, so it is a bit of a treasure hunt.

Comment

• The Jeep is looking great Chuck.... Nice nutsack rock LOL
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Lookin' good-

Make sure you plunk down the extra cash on the "Moog" brand part on this one

The cheaper brands just don't hold up.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Nice job Chuck. Can hardly wait to see it. We need a bow down thingy here. You the man. See you in a few weeks?

Comment

• Lookin really like a bad ass jeep there Chuck that,s one beefy front axle lookin forward to seeing you and Kurt both gettin yer jeeps back out..I can only imagine how much yer icthin heh?
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Thanks guys. Geebo, I'm itchin bad.

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                              [COLOR=sienna] maybe lose your reputation?[/COLOR]
                              That's the plan.
                              Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                              You and Kurt both on the road May 1'st,right?
                              I don't think I'll be done by then but I'm thinking it will be done in May.
                              Originally posted by jonah View Post
                              Have you got a tapered reamer yet?
                              I did order one and it's on it way.
                              Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                              Nice nutsack rock LOL
                              LOL. That's the same one from Ocotillo.
                              Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                              Make sure you plunk down the extra cash on the "Moog" brand part on this one
                              The cheaper brands just don't hold up.
                              Agreed. They are Moog.
                              Check out .

Comment

• I wanted to tackle a few outstanding small items today. Finally getting to a point where I can start putting the plumbing and electrical back in.
                                ARB compressor installed.
                                [SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/dirtman13/Jeep/IMG_1871.jpg[/SIZED]
                                I was also able to get the 1 ton master cylinder installed. It’s from a 1985 GMC C3500.
                                The engine bay became one of those once you change one thing it affects everything else events. Because of the shock hoops I had to relocate the air intake which affected the upper radiator hose which required a new water neck and hose. Then the secondary air pump (dam Calif) had to be relocated because of the reservoir. I’m running out of room. I still need to find room for the radiator bottle.
                                [SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/dirtman13/Jeep/IMG_1873.jpg[/SIZED]
                                I was also able to get the hydro assist mocked up.
                                [SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/dirtman13/Jeep/IMG_1874.jpg[/SIZED]

Sorry the pictures are so big. I thought I changed the setting on the camera.
                                Last edited by NAILER341; 04-11-10, 09:45 PM.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X