Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little update.
    Rear bumber and tire carrier is on, flares and corners are painted and on, engine skid frame is fab'd, and driveshafts are ordered.

I had to raise the rear 1" from the weight of the bumper and carrier.

Items left.
    Bleed brakes, Program PCM, install skid plate, and install driveshafts.

If I get the shafts this week I could be driving it by Monday.

1 1/2" x 2" x 1/4" angle. It will be covered with 3/8" 6061

Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      Little update.
      Rear bumber and tire carrier is on, flares and corners are painted and on, engine skid frame is fab'd, and driveshafts are ordered.

I had to raise the rear 1" from the weight of the bumper and carrier.

Items left.
      Bleed brakes, Program PCM, install skid plate, and install driveshafts.

If I get the shafts this week I could be driving it by Monday.

1 1/2" x 2" x 1/4" angle. It will be covered with 3/8" 6061

I can't tell, did you paint the corners silver, or did you just go black for now? Looking good. I won't be driving it by Monday, but I'm right behind you...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        but I'm right behind you...
        [COLOR=black]Don't tell Mike that. He might get jealous. [/COLOR]
        [COLOR=black][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=black]The corners are semi gloss black.[/COLOR]
        Check out .

Comment

• Ahhh this build is gett'n old, gonna check out rat patrols...no wait a minute that one is getting old too....man, can you guys just finish already!!! Nicely done chuck

Comment

• Are you two getting close to a shake down run? Nice job Chuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hook&Ladder View Post
              Ahhh this build is gett'n old, gonna check out rat patrols...no wait a minute that one is getting old too....man, can you guys just finish already!!! Nicely done chuck
              You have NO idea how old this is getting... I think I can speak for Chuck when I say if this ain't done soon I'm gonna shoot somebody!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
                Are you two getting close to a shake down run? Nice job Chuck.
                Thanks Jason. If I get my driveshafts before the weekend I could be heading out the following weekend. I'm thinking about Cleghorn.

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                You have NO idea how old this is getting... I think I can speak for Chuck when I say if this ain't done soon I'm gonna shoot somebody!
                That pretty much sums it up.
                Check out .

Comment

• Chuck That,s awesome bro,if ya get a chance before ya go out post up if ya would I wannna check out both yer rig,s/Kurt,s as well...really cool news...
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• looks great Chuck, you and Kurt really kicked ass on your builds,

Comment

• Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                      Chuck That,s awesome bro,if ya get a chance before ya go out post up if ya would I wannna check out both yer rig,s/Kurt,s as well...really cool news...
                      Thanks Geebo. We'll do.

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                      looks great Chuck, you and Kurt really kicked ass on your builds,
                      Where are you at on your build? Your thread needs an update.
                      Check out .

Comment

• Unfortunately the driveshafts did not show up so no driving this weekend. I did however finish up the engine skid. I was also able to finish up pretty much all the small left over items. I’m getting the PCM programmed tomorrow so with any luck I should be on the road next weekend.
                        I used 1 1/2”x2”x1/4” angle for the frame and 3/8” 6061 for the plate.

Thanks to Doug (FishPoet) for this cool shift indicator plate.
                        Check out .

Comment

• Chuck that turned out really nice, one of the baddest streetable CJ7's around. All of the work and time you put into it really shows, definitely a labor of love

Comment

• Jeez,
                            Looks like we are on the same page and the same paragraph and the same sentence. Looks real good Chuck. So when do you plan the first trail run? It will be two more weeks for me at least cuz I have to travel all the week of the 21rst. No worky on the jeep that week. So I think 4th of July weekend might be my first run.

Comment

• Thanks Art. I really appreciate that. I just hope it all works right.

Kurt, I'll probably do my first run about the same time. I should get the shafts this week and I want to drive it to work a few days to make sure it's road worthly.
                              Check out .

Comment

• I love the skids! They came out great! If you need some company on your shake down give me a call and I'll take pix for you!

Gerald
                                http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Working...
                                X