Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    Yep he got me. Looks like the build will continue with some removable fender flares and w front license plate holder. I believe that wrench is mine. I had one loose in the back and it must have fallen out. I was nice meeting you guys.
    Sorry about the ticket Chuck. Velcro is your friend for the front plate. I attached mine to the winch. It pulls away real nice when I need to use the winch.

Comment

• Wow Chuck
      You weren't kidding about the chp. After you were pulled over I passed his partner. I think the only reason he didn't pull out and get me was, he was ticketing someone else. You should have seen him glare at me when I went by. I think someone with a 4wd must have told them there's no Easter bunny or something.
      Come to the dark side.....
      We have Cookies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Sorry about the ticket Chuck. Velcro is your friend for the front plate. I attached mine to the winch. It pulls away real nice when I need to use the winch.
        You can also use some EMT pipe clamps to screw the plate to and clamp them around your stinger hoop.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

• I would guess this is the section covering the issue:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27600.htm
          Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
            It is my understanding that you should only need a mud flap that is as wide as the tread on the tire, is that correct?
            That was my understanding as well but according to the CHP that stopped me that is not the case. I need to basically extend my flares out more to cover the tire. I have an idea for a removable rubber flare that may work.
            Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Chuck what's the back spacing on your rims? One of the reasons I use the H2 rims is that they tuck the tires in quite a bit more. Don't know if you can run rims with that much back spacing, but you are welcome to try mine to see if they clear the coilovers It makes almost a foot narrower that the racelines I got for my 40's. Other than that for the fix a ticket make removable flares out of rubber or plastic. Once that's done and the ticket is signed of you can use narrower flares and mud flaps and they will leave you alone. Freddy got nailed for it a few years ago. You and Kurt have been lucky so far
              Thanks for the offer Art but that would more than likely include moving my shocks which I do not want to do.
              Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoobi View Post
                Wow Chuck
                You weren't kidding about the chp. After you were pulled over I passed his partner. I think the only reason he didn't pull out and get me was, he was ticketing someone else. You should have seen him glare at me when I went by. I think someone with a 4wd must have told them there's no Easter bunny or something.
                How ironic we were just talking about. It was bound to happen. While he did ticket me he was actually pretty cool. We chatted for a while about the idiots in the forest and about the AAT program. He gave 2 months to come up with something.
                Check out .

Comment

• Luckily I havent had an issue but im glad i have these.

They are ugly as sin but do the job and remover very quickly.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Thanks for the offer Art but that would more than likely include moving my shocks which I do not want to do.
                    Your welcome to try, it clears on mine and the shocks are pushed out as far as I could get them

Comment

• This is an interesting read on the subject of flaps/fenders.
                      http://www.johnarenz.com/Mudflaps.html

Reading this seems that mud flaps would do the trick. Art, you may be right.
                      HPM 82.6
                      Check out .

Comment

• Just make some flares out of plastic, add removable mud flaps and it's all good. Once the ticket is signed of just use the mud flaps and narrower flares.

Comment

• Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                          Luckily I havent had an issue but im glad i have these.

They are ugly as sin but do the job and remover very quickly.

How wide are those? If I do make a flare the total width looks like it will be 16". That freaking huge.
                          Check out .

Comment

• Alright. I just called the CHP and was told that they obviously need to see the Jeep but from what I described they said a mud flap should be fine. I'll keep you posted.

Yes!!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0000150.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	358320
                            Check out .

Comment

• I like THESE for when you go to show the CHP:

"The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
                                I like THESE for when you go to show the CHP:

I saw those and was thinking of getting them but $65 is a little outrages in my opinion. I got some simple plain black ones for $14.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X