Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix it ticket... I will NEVER put mud flaps on. !!!! the man...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      How wide are those? If I do make a flare the total width looks like it will be 16". That freaking huge.
      [COLOR="#800000"]At what point do they become "Wings"?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR="#800000"]At what point do they become "Wings"?[/COLOR]
        15"
        Check out .

Comment

I saw those and was thinking of getting them but $65 is a little outrages in my opinion. I got some simple plain black ones for $14.
          Cool. There's always this option, too.

Seems that CHP are the only ones that care about these stupid things and actually ticket you for them. Bummer you got stopped in the first place.
          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
            Seems that CHP are the only ones that care about these stupid things and actually ticket you for them. Bummer you got stopped in the first place.
            Funny thing is that this is what the VC says.
            ...attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle...
            It was a sunny day about 70 degrees with no mud or water anywhere.:dunno:
            Check out .

Comment

It was a sunny day about 70 degrees with no mud or water anywhere.:dunno:
              Stale donut? :dunno:
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

• reminds me of my mud flap ticket a few years back.
                I was deploying to iraq and I decided to drive my jeep to work on my last day in the States because..why the hell not. As I was driving home on I15 N the rear driveshaft exploded and I limped off the freeway. I managed to remove the rear driveshaft in a parking lot and i started heading home on the front driveshaft (squirrely but managable). right as I shifted into 4th I see the cop light it up behind me. I'm covered in grease with no top and he says from his bike keep my hands where he can see them. WTF..theres no top and I have half doors on a TJ..OK.
                he doesnt even ask for my registration and insurance, he just starts walking around the jeep looking at lights, the windshield, everything. Finally he asks for the registration so I provide it with my greasy hands. He doesnt check it but instead writes me a fix it ticket for mud flaps with a long lecture about how dangerous my jeep is for kicking rocks up at motorcycles. By this time I've had enough. I tell him I ride the 15 on my harley pretty regular and have never even heard of anything other than a gravel truck kicking up rocks but I'll put mud flaps on it. He writes the ticket and I tell him (truthfully) that I was deploying to Iraq the NEXT DAY and I wouldn't be able to fix it before I left. He told me to write the judge, handed me the ticket and left. Thanks dude...it should be easy to get this taken care of out in Iraq.
                I never get tickets because 1. I follow the law and 2. I'm really nice to cops....but this guy was such an asshole I looked into the whole mudflap thing quite a bit.
                my jeep had been driving all over for years with no problem at all until I took it on the freeway. Local cops don't care a bit about mudflaps. only the CHP will ticket you for it.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

• Finally got my act together and installed the easy to remove mud flaps and front license plate holder.
                  Mud Flaps

Front plate holder.

Also finished a few projects I've be wanting to due for awhile now.
                  Simple cage to stop items in the back from moving forward.

Installed a second trans cooler with fan.

And lastly did some much needed paint touch ups.

Time to go wheeling.
                  Check out .

Comment

• She be lookin happy. Now go scratch her up some more
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Oh no!! not the flaps!!
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        Oh no!! not the flaps!!
                        Just for the Big Bear trips.
                        Check out .

Comment

• Mudflaps are a good way to not get hassled on the way to Bigbear, don't see what the big deal is

Comment

• The 4.3 has been very reliable but it's time to wake her up a bit.

The list:
                            Bored 0.030 over with Speed-Pro pistons.
                            Custom grind cam
                            Head work
                            3 angle valve job
                            Balanced engine and flex plate
                            Headers
                            and few other goodies.

More to come. :smile:
                            Check out .

Comment

The 4.3 has been very reliable but it's time to wake her up a bit.

The list:
                              Bored 0.030 over with Speed-Pro pistons.
                              Custom grind cam
                              Head work
                              3 angle valve job
                              Balanced engine and flex plate
                              Headers
                              and few other goodies.

More to come. :smile:
                              You been talking to Jonah haven't you... Good luck with the upgrades!

Comment

• Well I received my registration for the Jeep on Thursday so I decided to go have it smogged before I pulled the engine. Once again I had two idiots tell me they would not smog the Jeep. One said I was not legal because of my air filter and another said my tires were too big and it was dangerous. Finally decided to go to my old reliable source Craig at Ferguson Auto Center in Garden Grove and I'm now good for 2 more years.

Craig's been around race engines a long time http://www.fergusonsauto.com/racing.nxg and we got to talking. Bottom line is Craig's going to build my engine. We are now going:

Bored 0.060 over
                                A little increase on compression
                                Custom grind cam
                                Head work
                                3 angle valve job
                                Balanced and blueprinted e
                                Headers
                                and few other goodies.

Saturday I got the engine pull and loaded and will be dropping it off today.

After getting the engine pulled I found this. Needless to say to say I'm dam lucky I made it home with out incident. There is not much metal holding that and it wouldn't have been pretty.

Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X