Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
    Guess I missed that. No, his the non-300 variety.
    Good to here thanks.

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
    I would avoid the STAK like the plague. Those guys have produced shiny piles of junk since day one. There MUST be a way to seal out your leaking 300.
    Erik, I agree with you if I was going to the complete case. If that was the case (pardon the pun) I would be going with an Atlas. From the research I have done the Replace a Case has had some good reviews if you follow the instruction. Time will tell as I'm already committed to going this route.
    Check out .

Comment

• Fair enough. I hope you get a good one.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
        I hope you get a good one.
        Me too. Thanks
        Check out .

Comment

• Stak Update

I have had a few runs now on the Stak case and thought I would give an update on the performance. The assembly was pretty straight forward and easy. Much easier then rebuilding a stock Dana 300.

I did have one of the welds (not my weld) fail on one of the shift forks on its first run. Their small weld didn't even penetrate.

I re-welded both shift forks and have had a few runs and I have to say I'm pretty happy with its performance. Unlike the stock 300 this case allows you to use front wheel high. Also unlike the stock case I have no more issues with popping out of gear on steep downhill and most importantly no more leaks. So far I have got to give this upgrade.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
          Check out .

Comment

• wow thats awsome I need to fix the flooding issue. Before I go linking! Maybe someday. JUdge

Comment

• Chucky got new shoes

Comment

• Thanks Art. I was very please with the Jeep yesterday. Can't wait to hit the hammers. Zero psi should be good on those 8 ply tires. I think I can honestly say that I'm done. Just need to fine tune the suspension.
                Check out .

Comment

• Looks great Chuck. So tell us what all you did to the jeep.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Looking really good Chuck. The high line fenders look sweet.I had to laugh when I read your line off being done I think I have said that about 5 times not going to say it any more then maybe I will leave it alone.
                    You can make it

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Chucky got new shoes

New shoes but already getting the winch?

just kiddin, Jeep looks awesome!
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Thanks guys. This is what I've been doing for about a month:

Lowered the Jeep.
                        Installed aluminum rear fender flare.
                        Installed aluminum front high-line fenders.
                        Added a anti-rock to the rear...finally.
                        I was having some starter issues due to heat so I did the remote soleniod on the front grill. 2nd Ford part on the Jeep. They were out of stock on the Chevy ones.
                        My new springs will be here this week.

Fred, If I go any further I will have a buggy. That was not my goal so I'm done.

Oh...and for the record. I'm pulling rocks down the hill for the rock garden. Don't listen to Mitch
                        Check out .

Comment

• Need to rant a little. This weekend I went to smog the Jeep as I have done every 2 years since the swap in 2007. DMV says I must go to a STAR smog station. I take the Jeep down and these two Asian guys come out both looking like deer in Ryan's headlights and say they don't know how to smog the Jeep. Are you kidding me? I then go to another station and the guy tells me he can't do the smog because I don't have a CARB sticker on the elbow on my air intake. Are you kidding me? This has never been an issue in the past and I have always passed. If it runs clean and passes the tests what the hell difference does it make how I route the air intake? :bonk::rant off:

This is what it looks like.
                          Last edited by dirtman13; 02-20-13, 08:44 AM.
                          Check out .

Comment

• [COLOR="#800000"]Oh what fresh hell is this? Was there some new smog law snuck into the books?

Actually, I think it's more likely you're dealing with a couple of boobs at these smog stations.[/COLOR]
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              This is what it looks like.
                              Add a couple more hose clamps and you should pass
                              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                                Add a couple more hose clamps and you should pass
                                Really?
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X