• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh so close.

Check out .

Comment

• Nice :-D

What's left to do?
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• looking awesome chuck!

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
          Nice :-D

What's left to do?
          More than I want for sure. Hoping to finish the exhaust this coming weekend and maybe start it. After I get it running I still need to hook up the ARB, CB, and some other accessories.
          Check out .

Comment

• Here are a couple of before and afters. Finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I did have to do some custom fab to get the pulley kit to work. Had to relocate the air pump injectors on the passenger header. Took a bit to figure out how I was going to run the coolant bypass. Only one port (2 stock) on the water pump and I had to keep the heat for the wife so I thankfully had a spare port on the radiator and plumbed the bypass to that.

Finished the headers, air injectors and hydro system last night. Need to finish up the exhaust and hopefully fingers crossed get it started this weekend.

Check out .

Comment

• wow...pretty! Shiny! Me rikey!

Comment

• Did you get a different rotation waterpump? Looks great Chucky

Comment

• Thanks guys

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Did you get a different rotation waterpump? Looks great Chucky
                  Sure did. The stock 4.3 uses a reverse rotation and this kit obviously requires clockwise.

I need to get used to this is no longer a 4.3L. It's a 4.4L now. 268cu.in. versus stock 262.

I just need to finish the exhaust, install the relays and fuses, and swap out the gas. Looking like I might try and fire it up Saturday.
                  Last edited by dirtman13; 06-04-15, 06:05 AM.
                  Check out .

Comment

• Looks great Chuck!
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Wow! That is car show quality looks! Very nice.
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

• IT IS ALIVE!!!

Well, Finally got the new motor started and boy does it sound healthy. Had a few electrical issues I had to chase but finally got it. 2 things caused a bit of a headache but once I figured those out the 4.4L fired right up.

1st problem was that come to find out the relays for the painless kit are 5 pin dual 87 terminal relays and the ones on the Bussmann are 5 pin 87 and 87a relays. Now, I'm far from an expert but I feel I know just enough to be dangerous and I swear I never knew there was a dual 87 terminal relay. Lesson learned.

2nd issue was this distributor from Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...make/chevrolet It says that this is for my motor but I just couldn't get it to start. Finally took it out and put the stock one back in and it started on the first crank.

Defiantly reached the top of the mountain and it's all down hill from here. Now it's time to hook all the accessory back in to the harness.
                        Check out .

Comment

• It seems like any time you hear the engine start up and idle - all becomes good. I know the feeling lol.

Comment

• video of the motor!!
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                              video of the motor!!
                              I had it and some how deleted it from my phone. I'll get another one.
                              Check out .

Comment

• Well, finally had a chance to record a small video. Been busy finishing up the accessories and chasing a few electrical bugs. One in particular was I was getting a P0339 CKP intermediate code and it would only appear after about 2000 rpm. Did all the diagnostic aids as the book said but couldn't find an issues. Finally decided to change the sensor and sure as shit it worked. Really strange cause according to the chevy factory manual a bad CKP sensor is not the culprit if the engine is running.

Also ended up with a leak in my power steering pump so had to send that back to PSC for a rebuild. I got it back today so I will be driving the Jeep this weekend . :geek:

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...psk3zbonix.mp4
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X