Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck mentioned that earlier it will clear the front drive shaft better this way

Comment

Art is correct. The 4L60E is offset to the passanger side and it's a really tight fit for the drive shaft. I actually had to shave the pan to get it to work passanger drop with a stock drive shaft. I want to go CV and going driver drop will allow me to do that.

This is one of the angle gauges I'm using. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95998
      I also have a dial one as well.
      Check out .

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Chuck, you're keeping a notebook right? Cuz I'm going to need your help some day.

Lookin real good, cannot wait to see this beast when you're done!!![/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes sir. I'm using my old laptop in the garage and have created a Excel spreadsheet.

You know you can count on me for help anytime.
          Check out .

Comment

So last night before I closed up the garage I was checking for clearance issues on the front. Looks like if I go with the high steer I will have to raise the Jeep some more. Which I don't want to do. The tie rod and drag link will hit the frame. The distance is about 3". Not good with 4-5" of up travel. The picture is deceiving.
            Check out .

Comment

I think all of us that tried that run into the exact same problem. I've see quite a few frame notches to alleviate some of this.

Most bring the tie road down. Here we dropped the tie road down and a benefits was we were able to sneak the hydro ram in there so it's not on the tie road causing trouble. My axle side trackbar mount kisses the frame so that is currently my problem but a little notch should fix that.

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

I already thought of notching the frame and will do that if I must. My high steer arms are tapered for 1 ton TRE but I have no problem drilling them out and running heims underneath. That’s probably the route I will go. I really want to keep the height as low as possible. Not to mention I only have about 3” of clearance from the top of the roll bar to the top of the garage.

Thanks Gerald
                Check out .

Comment

Looking great chuck!!! Looks like i wont be able to play with you kurt stuart and gerald till i get a big boy jeep.
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                    Looking great chuck!!! Looks like i wont be able to play with you kurt stuart and gerald till i get a big boy jeep.
                    Yeah right. I've seen you wheel.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                      I've seen you wheel as well. I'm building this to keep up with you.
                      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        I've seen you wheel as well. I'm building this to keep up with you.
                        No kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          I already thought of notching the frame and will do that if I must. My high steer arms are tapered for 1 ton TRE but I have no problem drilling them out and running heims underneath. That’s probably the route I will go. I really want to keep the height as low as possible. Not to mention I only have about 3” of clearance from the top of the roll bar to the top of the garage.

Thanks Gerald
                          That's exactly what we did to my highsteer arms for my draglink.

I'm with you on keeping as low as you can go. Especially since I'm vertically challenged! It's coming along nicely!

Comment

Well, progress has been slow because of the transfer case. I was shorted a few parts and had to have the front output plate machined for a larger bearing for the 32 spline shaft. I should have the last missing part Monday and then the transfer case will be complete.

Since I have had some time to waste I tackled the Dana 60 and got the gears and locker installed and partial painting done. As you can tell I had to much time on my hands. Axles had to be done sooner or later and now they are both complete. The tires really stick out going full width.

As of right now I’m sitting at 98” of wheel base. Not quite where I wanted to be so I will be doing some more mods to the front and may be extending the frame further. The steering box is the main problem. Wish I could go full hydro. I’m using a Wagoneer pitman arm to match the turning radius of the high steer arms and that is keeping the axle back.
                            Check out .

Comment

That is looking really nice. What is your belly height? I was also curious what you did with your gas tank?

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                                That is looking really nice. What is your belly height? I was also curious what you did with your gas tank?
                                Thank you. Right now the belly height is 23". For the tank I modified the skid on a Gen Right tank and pushed it up as far as I could. I need the space behind the front seats so I'm keeping the tank under the Jeep. Once I install the sending unit I'll take some pics of the tank.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X