Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin really nice chuck,, sweet wheels!!!

Comment

Chuck have you thought about an Astro van steering box?
      Those have the pitman arm sticking forward

Comment

Cool, I am trying to get my tank under as well so I am interested to see how yours is done. I will keep on watching!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Chuck have you thought about an Astro van steering box?
          Those have the pitman arm sticking forward
          I did...the problem was I had already bought my current one. We'll see what happens. I haven't mounted the one I have so I can place it any where. Just don't want it hanging out front.
          Check out .

Comment

looks great chuck your gonna love the racelines i love mine
            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

The Racelines are perfect. The backspacing was exactly what I needed to get the tire back in more and still keep the hub inside the wheel. Tires where easy to mount as well.
              Check out .

Comment

So what's the backspacing Chuck? About 5"?

Comment

Looks like link material on the floor...what kind of setup are you going with?

I do like the looks of those wheels.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    So what's the backspacing Chuck? About 5"?
                    17x9.5 with 4" of backspacing

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                    Looks like link material on the floor...what kind of setup are you going with?
                    Double triangulated 4 link in the rear and 3 link in the front.
                    Check out .

Comment

Looks good Chuck! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Was blue the only paint can left on the shelve at the store! Look'n good Chuck, you still think your gonna make the march date?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                          I've seen you wheel as well. I'm building this to keep up with you.
                          LOL whatever someday ill be picking all your brains to do the YJ
                          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Looking good Chuck. Must feel great to at least see the wheels in place. I forgot what it looks like! How are the control arms panning out?
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Hook&Ladder View Post
                              Was blue the only paint can left on the shelve at the store! Look'n good Chuck, you still think your gonna make the march date?
                              I had the blue paint left over from another project. I kind of like it. I did the same thing to the transfer case and it turned out really nice. Not sure on the deadline. Still to early.
                              Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              How are the control arms panning out?
                              Rear is not a big deal but the front is going to be fun. The links for front and rear need to be the same and as it sits now the front lowers go pretty far back. They go past the front of the skid. The exhaust will be challanging.
                              Check out .

Comment

Made some good progress today. I ended up raising the Jeep one more inch so now my belly is 23 ½”. This really helped with some clearance issues and I still have 1 ½” clearance for the garage.

I was able to get the transfer case together enough to install it for some measurements. I did find out that the Dana 300 mounting holes for the transmission are not equally spread apart. After rotating the case the bolts did not line up. Thankfully I had my old turbo 350 adapter and used it as a template for the new holes I had to drill.

Looks like I have some more floor to fabricate.

I have the axles set where I want them and where they fit. Now I’m at 100” wheel base. I think I’ll be happy with this.

Next I will be moving the engine back a little. The rear lower link mount at the frame sits to far back and rear driveshaft does not clear it enough. I want to keep the lower links at 36”.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X