Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good there Chuck ..Thanks for the procress pics and info..I,m ever so slowly picking up things in the jeepin world..lol
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Made some good progress this weekend. The rear cross member was wasted from smashing the tank so I made a new one out of 3/16 angle. Got the gas tank in, welded all the rear brackets together, installed the rear frame plates, made a new crossmember for the tank mount, modified the tanks skid to make clearance for the upper axle links, and got the rear lower links mocked up.
      New and old rear crossmember.

Going to have to cut the tub to make clearance for the upper links. I do not want to raise the frame any more.
      Tomorrow I tackle the 60. cut the brakets and clean it up.
      Check out .

Comment

looking good!
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hey Chuck,the build is looking good. I'll call you when I get back; I'm going straight to pick up the DOM on Saturday when I get home.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            Hey Chuck,the build is looking good. I'll call you when I get back; I'm going straight to pick up the DOM on Saturday when I get home.
            Drawn Over Mandrel? Why when he already has Polyvinyl Chloride?
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              PVC for flex, DOM for strength...
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Lookin good, will definately want to check it out on trail
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                  I think the schedule 40 will be lighter. Trying to keep the weight down. The trick is getting the PVC glue to stick.
                  Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

I have the the corner blanks in stock now. Feel free to come by and pickup one up so you can test fit. Making some good progress there.

Gerald
                    Savvy Off Road
                    714-803-0909
                    http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                      Chuck,

I have the the corner blanks in stock now. Feel free to come by and pickup one up so you can test fit. Making some good progress there.

Gerald
                      Savvy Off Road
                      714-803-0909
                      Thanks Gerald.

I think I will be taking you up on this. I've being removing crap to make it lighter but all the stuff to reinforce the frame is putting the weight back on. The rear weighed 2900 lbs before I started. Fully loaded of course.
                      Check out .

Comment

Got to see Chucks Jeep Sat. before he started doing the plumbing work,looks like you got a lot done after I got out the way Chuck.The garage was so packed that I helped him out by hauling some of it away.Thanks again for the axles,was great seeing ya again.
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Progress is going slow. Can't do much till I get the Dana 300 flip kit.
                          Finished the 14 bolt. Got the ARB installed and the gears set.

Got the front frame replaced, front bumper installed, and the plating. 2"x4" and added 1" to the front length.

Check out .

Comment

Making good progress there Chuck

Comment

really nice Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Let me expose my ignorance for a second,
                                Question: Why flip the 300 and use the harder to find Ford 60, as opposed to using the much cheaper and easier to find passenger drop Chevy 60?

Im sure there is a good reason, I was just wondering.

On another note: What digital anglefinder are you using? I have a 2' Smart level, but its a bit cumbersome for most Jeep work. That little one your using to set pinion angle appears to be just the trick for this sort of stuff.

Looking good!:beer:
                                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X