X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome job on the video! I really can't wait to run this

Comment

• Yomondo- Great Vid!
      I am heading up to Loon on the 11th and hitting the trail am the 12th with my group in my white 2 dr JK Rubi on 35" BFG all terrains---- say Hi if you see me!!!

HUNDY

Comment

• Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
        How was the dust on the trail?
        Dust wasn't bad. I seem to recall a couple dusty sections, but I just kept my distance. I was at or near the back of our group the whole time, and I didn't catch much dust at all. I mean most of the time you're just crawling anyway.

Originally posted by Deepwater View Post
        Awesome job on the video, now I'm really pumped up!
        Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
        Awesome job on the video! I really can't wait to run this
        Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
        Yomondo- Great Vid!
        Thanks!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyomondo/videos
        http://www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=220421

Comment

• Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
          Yomondo- Great Vid!
          I am heading up to Loon on the 11th and hitting the trail am the 12th with my group in my white 2 dr JK Rubi on 35" BFG all terrains---- say Hi if you see me!!!

HUNDY
          I'll be watching for you and will be sure to say hi.

Mike
          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

• Hi All,

I started a sign in sheet so we can start to get organized and arrange rendezvous for convoying. Please indicate if your quest is a passenger and/or another jeep. Also if you want to take the US-395 and convoy and your starting location.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2012-7-12

Thanks Mike

Comment

• I hate that I won't be able to go on this trip with you guys. I have to be back at work on the 16th. I'll be heading down earlier in the week and return by the 14th. It would be cool to see you guys out there. Right now it is just my rig and 1 other rig.

Comment

Hi All,

I started a sign in sheet so we can start to get organized and arrange rendezvous for convoying. Please indicate if your quest is a passenger and/or another jeep. Also if you want to take the US-395 and convoy and your starting location.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...&day=2012-7-12

Thanks Mike
                I must have missed the itenerary in a prior post. Can you post the details of when and where you plan to run each day? Camp each night?

I have done the Jeepers Jamboree the past two years. Talking to the mechanics that work the event, they list broken control arm mounts and broken axles as the most commom repairs at the event. Most of the time the broken axles resulsted from a driver with a heavy foot powering over obsticals instead of taking it slow and easy. Just some advice for those going.

Comment

My plan (today) is to drive up Thursday and be at Loon Lake Friday morning. Trail out to S Tahoe Sunday afternoon. Drive home Monday.

This is driving time and mileage that I got from Google Maps, times don't include stops:

Santa Ana to S Tahoe via 395 - 8h 53m - 462 miles
                  S Tahoe to Loon Lake via Ice House - 2h 15m - 70 miles

Santa Ana to Georgetown via I5 - 8h 14m - 475 miles
                  Georgetown to Loon Lake - 1h 40m - 40 miles

Not sure yet if I will drive the jeep up or take the hardtop and doors off and trailer or flat tow it up there. Sure prefer to do the later.

It is a long days driving to get there and back.

Mike
                  Last year, I left my hard top at a self-storage facility in Placerville. Picked it up on the way back. That way I could drive from SoCal with the top on. Think I paid about $40 for the self-storage facility. Placerville is on your way there and back. Took about an extra 30 minutes to drop the top at the facility (including checking in and signing the storage contract). I know some people stay at a hotel in Placerville and and leave trailers/equipment in the parking lots.

Comment

• Hi Explorerlyon

Thanks for the information. Once on the trail we are going to play it by ear as far as camping.

Were you interested in going?

I updated the calendar with more information for those going.

Mike

Comment

• Mike, I wish I could join you guys. Sounds like a great trip.

Just so you know..... Kathleen Georgia to Lake Tahoe is 2539 miles or about 44 hours of driving

Comment

• Great to here from you Mitch, Start now and you will make it!

I hope that you're enjoying the greener side of the country.

Mike

Comment

• It looks like I'm the last man standing, no one else is going. So I'm changing my plans and heading up Wednesday to try and join up with another group on the trail.

Mike

Comment

It looks like I'm the last man standing, no one else is going. So I'm changing my plans and heading up Wednesday to try and join up with another group on the trail.
                            Well that kinda stinks. Sorry to hear that man. All that talk over the past few months and everyone who said they were going, and now it's just you. I saw a posting over at norcaljeepers.co for a group that's running it this weekend, if that's of any help to you. Good luck and have fun.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyomondo/videos
                            http://www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=220421

Comment

It looks like I'm the last man standing, no one else is going. So I'm changing my plans and heading up Wednesday to try and join up with another group on the trail.

Mike
                              Hey Mike,
                              I will be leading a large group that is leaving Loon Lake on Thursday at 9:00 AM. We will head back out Loon on Saturday. We have many guys who have run the trail a lot and some new guys too. I have run it seven times now. PM me if you want to meet up. We have a large group so you will need to be patient. It is is a fun group and we will head down to the Springs all day Friday and then back to Buck for dinner that night and head back out to Loon on Saturday.

Kevin with the Red Rubicon

Comment

• Yeah I couldn't get my Jeep together in time. I don't feel comfortable going with an under-capable rig that is also my daily driver. I'm definitely still wanting to go, but I won't be ready for a couple weeks. I had planned on posting a thread for this same run, but again in August for those who couldn't make this one. Didn't think it would be an issue since there was such a positive response initially. Sorry you're by the lonesome

Comment

Working...
                                X