Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rubicon Trail - Date TBD

Hey Everybody,

So I have not been on the Rubicon yet... To my understanding late June, eary July is the time to go. So if there are any takers or Rubicon veterans out there who would like to go then lets talk. Not sure if I will be in Santa Clarita or Tucson during this time but it really doesn't matter. I wanna do the Rubicon!!! Shoot me an Email or let's get this thread going.

Tarrbaby@Gmail.com
    July 12-15
    61.54%
    July 19-22
    38.46%

The poll is expired.

I'm pretty sure we're putting something together in early July on the Rubicon. I'll keep you posted.
    Ron

Comment

I'm interested as well! The sooner we can get some dates, the more chance I'll have to get them off from work
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

There's a couple different ways to do it. You can do it with the Jeepers Jamboree, the Jeep Jamboree or on your own. The Jeepers Jamboee is a bigger event attracting several hundred people. The trail usually gets very crowded with long waits. The Jeep Jamboree is more of a family type event with less people on the trail. They both provide all your meals, trail spotters, permits, entertainment and even some repairs to you rig, if you need it. It's well worth the money.

The Jeepers Jamboree start July 26th and runs through to Aug 5th. You have to be signed up with them to do the run during thoughs dates.
        They have the entire trail reserved, believe it or not.

Early to mid July is open if people want to do it on their own. July 4th to the 8th would probably be a crowded time to run it, which leaves the weekends of 14th and 15th and the 21st and 22nd. That's about it.

I've done the trail several times and it is a blast. It's only 11 miles from the start to Rubicon Springs, but it's a fun 11 miles. Lots of granite slab type obstacles and plenty of rocks. Not as hard as the Hammers, but hard enough to make it enjoyable. At least one locker would be recomended. Every once in a while you might see a stock rig out there, but I would not recommend it.

Let me know what you guys think and possibly we can put something together.
        Ron

Comment

I'd rather not go with a huge group, or when it's going to be crowded.

I could go either of those weekends, weekend of JULY 14th or 22nd. That's plenty of notice for me to get a day or two off to make it a long weekend.

I've never been on the Rubicon, the most difficult trails I've been on are probably the ones in Cougar Buttes. I was quite comfortable in Cougar buttes, especially the 2nd time I was there (though I was with very good spotters both times!) I'm locked on 35s with 4:1 transfer case, and will have better skid plates by then.
          Last edited by daniel_buck; 04-04-12, 05:18 PM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Your jeeps perfect for the Rubicon although sometimes the trail is not in June. Still to much snow. You just gotta wait until it's doable. That sometimes isn't until the end of June or early July.

Comment

sorry, I meant July! (accidentally typed June) Both of the weekend dates that you mentioned are fine with me.

Comment

Think about the Dusy also, longer trail and less crowded, really enjoyed that trip

Comment

I want Dusy too... I did the Rubicon w my suspension all messed up last year... did fine... just a bent axle... but from slamming down on the tubes I think w my messed up suspension. I would do the Rubicon again too... heck I will go anywhere... anyone going out this weekend??

Comment

If I ever get my Jeeps back together I might head out to Cleggy Saturday or Sunday for a bit of putting around

Comment

Rubicon

It's going to take all day to drive up there; (and back) especially if you're leaving on Friday and wanting to do the trail on the weekend and come home on Sunday. I'd be interested in leaving on a Sunday or Thursday and taking our time exploring; stopping and enjoying the water and scenery along the way..
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Love to do the rubicon but work comes first. Art, bret I believe me and a buddy are doin 2n17x sat around noon. If interested I give you details.

Comment

Every time I have done the Rubicon. We stay at the Stagecoach Inn in Pollock Pines sunday night and leave monday morning. We return Thursday and stay at the Inn that night. You can leave your tow rig and trailer at the Inn.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Hey Curtis. You up for the Rubicon this year? That would be awesome. What date works for you?

Comment

WOW, thanks for the replies, I'm with Uncle Buck, I try to avoid the crowds when I can, I have been out with some of you from "My Jeep Rocks" mostly at Hump n Bump, and you all seem to be a great congenial bunch. Sooo... that being said, let's plan it, I will stay tuned to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X