Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary View Post
    A few of us were talking about running the Rubicon this year around the camp fire at Calico. If you guys don't mind another jeep or two tagging along I'd like to go. I think Clg82 was also saying he'd like to run the Rubicon this year. Whichever dates you guys decide on is cool with me.
    I think that would be great :-)
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Now, it's officially a party if Gary and Chris are going to join us!
      Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm in.........14th

Comment

If I can get off from work, I'm down. But it's going to be hard since I took 2 days in March, and I'm taking 2 days in May...

Comment

Hey guys,
            I have run the Rubicon the past six years and July will be my seventh. We start at loon lake out of Georgetown. I love Para"s Mexican food in Georgetown. We then camp at Buck Island for our first night. We then head down to the springs for the whole day and night and the next day head out Cadillac Hill. Most times we have had Rubicon Springs all to ourselves which is so cool. I have jumped off the 35-40 foot cliff at the dam at Buck Island many times but the last two years I just didn't have the balls in me to do it. I still do the rope swing at the springs every year. It is a great trip and my favorite place to go in my Jeep,even more than Moab. I all be there July 12th-14th this summer so we will need to hook up on the trail. Here are a few of my fun photos. I do feel I need to pee off the edge of observation point every year so that is a nice tradition. I broke my rear drive shaft once but that is it is six years. Bring extra parts as you may need them. I love the whole experience and it is just such an amazing place to be. The Jeeping is just a part of it but the scenery and the lakes and being with good friends is the best part.
            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
              If I can get off from work, I'm down. But it's going to be hard since I took 2 days in March, and I'm taking 2 days in May...
              Sky- you know you can't miss the ultimate run....c'mon..

Red Rubicon- nice pics!
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Red rubicon View Post
                Hey guys,
                I have run the Rubicon the past six years and July will be my seventh. We start at loon lake out of Georgetown. I love Para"s Mexican food in Georgetown. We then camp at Buck Island for our first night. We then head down to the springs for the whole day and night and the next day head out Cadillac Hill. Most times we have had Rubicon Springs all to ourselves which is so cool. I have jumped off the 35-40 foot cliff at the dam at Buck Island many times but the last two years I just didn't have the balls in me to do it. I still do the rope swing at the springs every year. It is a great trip and my favorite place to go in my Jeep,even more than Moab. I all be there July 12th-14th this summer so we will need to hook up on the trail. Here are a few of my fun photos. I do feel I need to pee off the edge of observation point every year so that is a nice tradition. I broke my rear drive shaft once but that is it is six years. Bring extra parts as you may need them. I love the whole experience and it is just such an amazing place to be. The Jeeping is just a part of it but the scenery and the lakes and being with good friends is the best part.
                Kevin
                looks like we found out tour guide!

Comment

I think Kevin's got the right idea. That's pretty much the way we do it also. One night at Buck Island and one night at the Springs or both nights at the Springs. Either way works for me.

Bringing parts is also a good idea. I've seen lots of broken jeeps along the trail over the years. Most of the time it's rigs with big tires and stock axles. Not a good idea on the Rubicon. Breaking on the Rubicon is simply not fun. If you don't have the part with you, someone's gotta go get one. That could mean driving all the way back to Auburn or into Lake Tahoe.

Great photo's too Kevin. It's a beautiful place to 4 wheel and just hang out with your friends.
                  Ron

Comment

It is so much fun and just try to be mellow and please do not try to go through Little Sluice. It is about being safe and enjoying the beauty. We all have the Hammers to go to break our stuff. This is about the whole experience. Here are a few more photos and my annual Pee shot off observation point. Just try to stay out of the long deep mud holes. I have flooded my Jeep twice. I was at the Placerville Walmart buying a new GPS last summer after our trip as my gps was tucked under my seat and got covered in mud. Being the trail leader is always an adventure. After I sunk my Jeep under the water my friends all took the bypass! LOL

Comment

So... Can we say July 12th is a tentative date for the "Rubicon"?

Comment

Nice pic's. Little sluice must a real jeep eater, huh? Have any pics of it?

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post

Stop taking so much time off. :whip:

Comment

Originally posted by Tarrbaby View Post
                            So... Can we say July 12th is a tentative date for the "Rubicon"?
                            Works for me..Let's go wheelin' :shout:
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                              Nice pic's. Little sluice must a real jeep eater, huh? Have any pics of it?

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                                Works for me..Let's go wheelin' :shout:
                                Cool, sounds like a plan... any other takers or tentative...

Comment

Working...
                                X