Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know when you do the Jeepers Jamboree, they don't let you drive into the sluice that's just to the right of that long slab up hill. Rangers everywhere. I thought that was the big sluice. Which ever sluice it is, it's nasty. Don't think I'll be driving down into that thing. Might never get out !!!!

Comment

I was actually planning to go sometime during the first two weeks of July. I have never been there so it would be great to go with a group that knows the trail. I voted 12-15 July. I met a few of you this past weekend at Calico, I hope you don't mind if I tag along for this trip too.

Comment

I'll not vote, because I can do either weekend just the same, makes no difference to me.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Little Sluice Video
          This is a JK on 42s and dana 60s and he has a really hard time getting through little Sluice. I have 37s and I never try this spot. Great video and usually we stop for lunch and watch guys try it. It isn't worth it if you break your stuff as there is a lot of trail left after Little Sluice.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOn-O...eature=related

Comment

Yeh I guess I did have it backwards. The little Sluice is definately the nasty one. That video is cool. Don't think I'm ever gonna try that thing. Glad you don't have to do it to get through to the springs.

Comment

Yeah the little sluice looks pretty ruff. Definately gonna bypass that one.
              Last edited by Gary; 04-14-12, 01:20 PM.

Comment

i voted for the 19-22......

Comment

I'm down for either date - good excuse to buy more gear
                  Ever feel like you are the Lunch!

Comment

I wish I could join you guys, but we will probably miss each other by a day or two. My son and I are leading a group of Jeeps through from the Loon Lake side starting very early on July 9th and camping at Buck Island. Regarding Little Sluice, yes it is difficult; here's a video of my son doing it last year: http://youtu.be/0NJlWtHZhlM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                      What ever you guys decide is cool with me. I plan on taking off the entire week, maybe even two weeks to do some Jeeping and fishing. I'd like to hit the Rubicon and some other trails. Anyone know of any other trails in the Sierra's South of Tahoe off Hwy 395 ?
                      I could be down for an extended trip, little fishing, camping.

Comment

Do we have someone who's gonna coordinate the trip? Where and when to meet, where to park trucks and trailors, where to stay the night before the run, etc. Just a thought !! Can't wait to go. It's gonna be a blast.

Comment

Probably be a good idea if we coordinate gear and possibly food. I know my wife would volunteer to do shopping if we could get a menu together.

Don't need everyone bringing same camp stove.

Comment

good idea. Maybe the same thing for tools and such too. I mean, I always bring my usual kit of tools, but for a long trip like this I would probably be bringing extra tools that I might not usually bring, just in case.
                            Last edited by daniel_buck; 04-16-12, 12:06 PM.
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Tools like big hammer, bigger hammer and mega hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by geocash View Post
                                Tools like big hammer, bigger hammer and mega hammer.
                                Ha-ha-ha...I've got two of those three.

Comment

Working...
                                X