Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin good art
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

• Thats one hell of a stereo. It looks awesome.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

• Its gettin close to Hammer time!

Comment

• Those seat covers are the best, seriously keep those in it, probably hasnt been a photo of a jeep on Spooner's with floral pattern seats.

Nice build man, hope to see it out at the next MJR IDTT, since living farther away, i think that will be the next time we will catch up with the MJR crew.
          "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

• Tinkered a bit more this week, it now has 4wheel brakes and a parking brake

Comment

• Messed some more with the brakes today and I am happy with them. Changed the master cylinder to something else since the stock one would not give me a hard pedal, seemed like it did not displace enough fluid for the 1 ton calipers. The brakes will lock the big tires with ease at 30 mph so that's good. When I do the gears and locker in the rear axle will take a look at the rear drum brakes, they do not seem to be doing a whole lot, might just stick wheel cylinders of a dually on there. Anybody know if there is any advantage to gutting the proportioning valve to get some more pressure to the rear?

Added a few tubes to the cage

Last edited by aw12345; 11-17-10, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• I have been thinking about ditching the stock proportioning valve and going with the wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on the rear. That way it can be dialed in, not bad for 50 bucks if it works...

Looking awesome!

Comment

• Your biggest problem Jonah is to get enough brake pressure to the wheels. Unless the front dives and locks up no need to mess with the proportioning valve on yours if it even has one. You would need proportioning if the rear locks up. My thing is that it stops excellent now, just want a bit more rear brake action. Your case a GM hydroboos would work wonders, look for one out of an Astro van and while you are at it give it some power steering

Comment

• I forgot to mention that I have the astro hydro boost now, I am in the process of installing. I already had power steering, so I just need the hoses now.

But my rears were locking up first with my old system and I had it adjusted all the way to the front. But that is a totally different system. Now I have a stock proportioning valve from the astro system I was thinking about trying, but I might just skip it and go with the wilwood or similar.

The manuals did stop the jeep, but man it took a heavy foot!

Comment

• Anything with manual brakes make stopping big tires quite an adventure. Seems like you are well on your way to getting it to stop good. For ease of plumbing the wilwood valve might be the ticket

Comment

• Last edited by aw12345; 11-19-10, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• lookin great Art, i just need to finish plumbing the brakes and add exhaust, and ill be out wheelin with you guys!

Comment

• Cool deal Kevin

Comment

• any "testing" this weekend?

Comment

• Looks awesome Art !! It,s hard to believe that,s the same jeep that was sittin in yer garage a while back,but I suspose it really isn,t the same jeep anymore heh?
                                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                                X