Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank's Kevin is yours almost ready to roll yet would be sweet to do a shake down run with ya sometime soon

Comment

by the end of august is my goal, cant wait!!!

Comment

Today, I felt like taking it easy so messed with the atlas for a bit got the floor cut to clock it where I want it and got the shifters in. So in the next couple pf weeks it's on to the transmission cross member and the crossmember for the rear 4 link

Here is today's cutting project

Comment

You go, Art--sheet metal is overrated. Shame to hide that beautiful t-case anyway
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Damn Art, that is a purty Transfer case you B rockin it my bro!!
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Started mocking up a rear tranny mount and I think I got a handle on it. Needs a bit more work but the basic idea will work

Comment

Got the tranny mount and crossmember all roughed out, should be able to finish that part by the beginning of next week. Right now it sits with the weight of the engine,trans and transfercase on the mounts. Little tight on clearance, but once the engine gets lifted a little and maybe a bit more trimming it will clear the bellypan just fine.

Comment

Got some more done today, so tomorrow I can start playing with something that will eventually turn out to be a rear suspension. The plan is to make the brackets, links and truss first and then I can see what I want to do with the rear frame and where I am going to stuff the coilovers

Comment

Looking good Art!!
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Rear end

What do you think of taking my 9" rear end and making it my front end? If I do this full mod, I would put a Roc-jock in the rear and the mod 9" in the front or just sell it and buy a new front axle.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

• Talk to Mr Fred he might like to do a project like that, will keep him from souping up his Jeep for awhile. Have you thought about what outers you would like to use with it?
                        Last edited by aw12345; 08-11-10, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Started working on brackets for the rear 4 link, got 3 of the 4 lowers made. I am liking where the stuff is going to end up. Might have to cut the floor a little for the upper link mounts on the frame side. Other than that it's coming together nicely

Comment

• Well happily tinkering along, will see if I can build a truss/ upper mount for the axle, once that is there the real fun will begin lol getting technical with a calculator and cut the floor up some to get the upper frame mounts situated

Last edited by aw12345; 08-12-10, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Tinkering and puzzling

building it piece by piece, got to love a plasma cutter

Last edited by aw12345; 08-13-10, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• That sweet looking. Is that 2x4 tube?

Comment

Working...
                                X