Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my mockup stuff, when I am satisfied with the whole shebang I'll cut the DOM

Comment

• Fence post, huh? Now that would be redneck!
      holes = cowbell

Comment

• Yup that plywood armor is next, remember we were going to start this line of plywood redneck armor?

The stuff is the same diam and I got a ton of it so why not use it to mock stuff up and see how it all works 2x1/4 dom isn't cheap ya know

Comment

• looks good Art.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Yup that plywood armor is next, remember we were going to start this line of plywood redneck armor?
            What do you mean "were?"

The stuff is the same diam and I got a ton of it so why not use it to mock stuff up and see how it all works 2x1/4 dom isn't cheap ya know
            No, 2" x .250" dom isn't cheap. A couple of months ago I got a quote for over $12/lf. I asked for a quote for 2.25" x .375" (3.8") which was over $21/lf I wonder what 5/16 wall would run/lf?
            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Ordered some airbump can brackets, so I can rig some bumpstops. For now I am going to use the stock bump stops welded to 2" pipe so they fit in the bumpcan brackets and are adjustable to my liking

Comment

• Got some bling from Brown Santa last night, other than that not much going on to darn hot to play in the garage.
                Cut the frame on one side earlier this week and started cutting the rear shock mounts out of 1/4 plate. I hope to make some progress with that on Saturday when the weather is a bit less hostile

Comment

• Made a bit more progress, sure looks like I need lighter springs though.

Comment

• Looks great Art, here's a dumb-guy question 'cause I just don't know... I see the angle of the rear coils raked toward the back. Is this a tire clearance thing for articulation, or is there a specific geometry issue you're adressing? Thanks for sharing your knowledge and inspiration.
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• It's a height issue mostly. Straight up would require
                      narrowing the frame and cutting the tub and then attaching the upper mount to the roll cage

Comment

• Looking good Art. What size are your rims? They look small in the picture.
                        Check out .

Comment

• Doing some nice fab work Art, (Keep it up)
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Looks great ART ( 200 lower & 150 upper is a good spring rate for a TJ )

Comment

• Chuck they are 16.5" rims
                              200 over 150 sound pretty good for the front.
                              Once I got the other rear coilover mounted I think I will load the rear up with some rims and tires and see where it sits and then go for a visit to King for some springs.

Comment

• Started on the rear tower for the driverside, should have that in place this weekend and then do all the finish welding

Comment

Working...
                                X