Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure lookin mighty good there Art! Just how much more Tinkering before that beast gets to tear up some rocks?? Lookin forward to gettin out there with ya,ll since the Harley I,ve kinda neglected the jeep..well that has to Stop..lol..I,m gettin out with ya,ll soon..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• I like my flex

Picked up a new set of springs for my toy, so now it sits where I want it to. Looks like it will flex close to 4 feet, at 3 feet with one rear bumpstop touching there is travel left on all 3 corners. The cherry picker could go higher since it hit the garage door. As it sits it has about 350 pounds of weight behind the seats, that should pretty much copy a full tank of gas, gear and an as of yet to be built rear bumper.
      For reference I am 6'4" tall

Last edited by aw12345; 09-11-10, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• You know Art, until you put it that way I was getting a Jeep inferiority complex. Since I'm 5'-7", by the time I mount the 35s our Jeeps will be proportionately about the same size.

That's turning out to be one badass Jeep.

By the way, hate to be the one to point this out, but cami pants and Birkenstocks are a fashion faux pas. On the other hand, cami shorts and Birkenstocks are a mark of impeccable taste.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Lifting a leg, where is a fire hydrant when you need one!

Last edited by aw12345; 09-11-10, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Looking good Art. You're almost there. That rear lower link looks really close to the frame. Way to squeeze it in. What's you skid height?
            Check out .

Comment

• Hi Chuck, I heard you are taking big Chucky apart again. what needs loving now?
              The rear lower links have tons of room, need to do some grinding in front where the lower links go in the frame.
              Today I took the rear axle out and I am trying to finish welding the truss. upper control arm mounts as well as all the other brackets on it. Progress is slow but all the hard stuff is figured out. For now it's welding and then running fuel and brake lines. Then when I find some cash it's on to axle shafts, a rear locker and gear and finish my toy up

Comment

• Transfer case doesn't want to stop leaking. It has been an issue for ever and I'm fed up. Going to a Stak replace a case.
                Check out .

Comment

• Sticking the Stack dana 300 housing around your gears, sounds like a pretty good plan, git er done some good playing going on next weekend

Comment

• Thats some nice flex Art.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Ok. I'm going to say it, 6'4"! Damn! Dude, you're tall. Jeep looks nice, but you're tall.

Comment

• Well ya know as a kid I hated behaving lol, so more than a few kicks in the behind it was

Comment

• Got enough spares there Art? Looks good. So what is the expected roll out date?
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• I stuck those tires in there to figure out ride height and what springs I needed. Each wheel is 82 pounds so for a total of roughly 330 pounds of load seemed fairly realistic to me.
                            full tank of gas is roughly 140 pounds the rest is a rear bumper, tools and some other crap

Comment

• Lookin' good, Art!

Comment

• Thanks Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X