Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not to hot this weekend I might just get the whole rear suspension finished. Finished one of the lower control arm mounts yesterday pretty happy with how that came out. Tomorrow the other side then on to welding the control arms and finishing the rear bumpstops. Then the flat skid and moving on to the front

Comment

• No update for 15 days and counting.....what's going on in that garage of your buddy?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

• haha the rear suspension is finished Shant, went and ordered some DOM for the front links, will have that this Wednesday. Pretty much done with the flat nbelly skid. So on to the front, from there in the next couple of weeks time to bend some tube and make a cage for the beastie, after that find some money for driveshafts, an ARB and some gears for the rear. Then brakes and fuel lines and call er done

Comment

• Just curious as to what steering box are you using to move those monster tires ? I've been trying to figure out a reasonable upgrade without turning my TJ into a hydro assisted /rear extended trailer buggy and a year long project that would take me 3 years to finish.

I'd like to see this rig in action, I'm sure you have done your homework on the geometry but I see some things in these pictures that make me wonder how it's all gonna work on the rocks. Most of the concerns you have addressed, except for the tire squashing when your face to face with a waterfall.. and darn those axles look small next to those tires... are they D44's or D60's ?
          All in all nice work and very impressive skills and that's one nice plasma cutter. shheeeeesss I sell Snap-On Tools and didn't even try to afford one of those at my cost.

BRAVO my friend BRAVO
          TM
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            ordered some DOM for the front links, will have that this Wednesday.
            dude, I have two sticks of 2"X.250 wall. Wish I'd known you needed some.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Kurt that would have been cool since that stuff isn't cheap, but the deal is done. Axles are a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt. The plasma is a friends, nit cheap like anything else Snapon, but then if it lasts as long as my other Snapon tools then it's a steal, most of my tools are over 20 years old

Comment

• Hijack ................. Kurt If you still have those sticks let me now...Starting my buggy build in a bit.

Hijack off :yay:

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                dude, I have two sticks of 2"X.250 wall. Wish I'd known you needed some.
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

• That D60 looks tiny next to those tires..

What steering box are you using ?
                  You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Pre 2003 steering gear that will be drilled for a ram

Comment

• Hi Art, how's your project?
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

• It's moving along finished the flat belly last week and am now finish welding the front, also found front brakes for it so. moving right along. I got next week of so am going to try and start on the roll cage next week

Comment

• Finished welding the front suspension up and rolled it outside today to entertain my self a bit.
                          The rear bumpstops are where they need to be and figured out where the front bumps need to go.
                          Measured the limit straps so now on to9 mounting a York on my beastie and tomorrow starting on the roll cage.

Comment

• Sweet!!!! Real nice art!!!

Art also, how long are the front lower control arms?
                            Last edited by curtis; 10-25-10, 04:17 PM.
                            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Looking really nice Art. You're getting close.
                              Check out .

Comment

• the tube on the lowers is about 22" add the bungs and the JJ's and if I remember correctly the front arms are about 28" in length.

Comment

Working...
                                X