Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil Yeller is driving to work and the bunny trails in Big Bear and around Johnson valley. No need to do bunny trails with big tires, takes all the fun out of it.

Comment

Finally getting the steering arm tied together in a manner that I can live with. I hope this and getting the steering travel correct, will extend the life of the steering knuckles. Was a bunch of work, still needs to be welded together but I am happy with it.

Comment

I must say your steering knuckles lookin like they're a bit too close to the tire there. Don't forget about the tire flexin on low pressure.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Looking pretty good art. Now get it done so we can do a shake down run.
          Check out .

Comment

Needs a bit of shaving Shant, still tires tend to be just flat at the bottom lol.
            Chuck I am reasonably on track if I can pick my coilovers next week. Still shooting for the end of October

Comment

That's pertect. I'm going back to Pumpkin Eater for revenge in October.
              Check out .

Comment

Art,
                Looking good man. Tires tend to be flat at the bottom huh? Good fact to remember

Get it done so we can go watch Chuck at Pumpkin Eater.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Needs a bit of shaving Shant, still tires tend to be just flat at the bottom lol.
                  Chuck I am reasonably on track if I can pick my coilovers next week. Still shooting for the end of October
                  What about when the tire is up against a shelf/rock/waterfall ready to climb? Won't it "flatten" the front-facing portion of the tire and mush it right into your steering?

I was thinking you'd be adding a wheel spacer or running some wheels with less backspacing to move the tire out a bit...
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Picked up my coilovers today, so getting ready for some serious tinkering this weekend

Comment

Looks like this coil over business will work out pretty sweet. Still got a bunch of welding, grinding and sweating to do, but all in all I am still reasonably on schedule. I would be stoked if the front of my tinker toy will sit on its own this weekend

Comment

Lookin SWEET there Art!! Gonna be another beast on the trail..I gotta laugh in my driveway my jeep is THE beast soon as I hit the trails hell I,m lucky to be in the medium range..
                        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Well the front of my tinker toy is sitting on it's own weight. Still lots to finish, but it's nice to see at least the front sitting in tires and not on jackstands.

Last edited by aw12345; 08-01-10, 02:33 AM.

Comment

looks awesome art , hope i get to see a shake down run before i leave .....

Comment

Long ways to go yet Steve, but would be fun to have you come out next spring for some fun stuff in Moab

Comment

lookin great Art, movin right along!

Comment

Working...
                                X