Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires and flex is fine, like I said ya need lockers boy.
    An Ausie will help a lot even if it just in the rear
    Also here is the progress for the day

Comment

Art,
      Looking good man. Can't wait to wheel with that thang out in JV. Resolution anyone?
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I guess that would make for an awesome shakedown fire road

Comment

Looking good Art. Did you all of a sudden get a bug to get'er done?
          Check out .

Comment

Got to stick to the plan Chuck I want the front done by the end of this month.
            As of today, it looks like I got the steering linkage worked out. Still debating on making double shear everything, for now the right tierod end has a double shear setup, could easily add a plate for the draglink end, of course if it clears the heim.
            It's funny in a way how stuff starts interfering and binding as you add or move things around. As it stands it looks like the whole front end stretch will work without any more modifications.

Last edited by aw12345; 07-12-10, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Last edited by aw12345; 07-12-10, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Ordered coil overs today, so in a week or 2 the front will sit on it's own weight, I love it.
                Going to start messing with the trackbar tomorrow, looks like that will not be to hard an affair

Comment

Looking good, Art. I'm jealous. Here I am just trying to get my Jeep to the size of your now "small" Jeep while all you guys go to 1 tons. Keep up the good work.
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

it is lookin good Art, at this rate you'll be done before me too.....

Comment

Justin, ya better watch it. Once you get to a certain point, there is no turning back with this Jeep disease.

Comment

trackbar fun

Started playing around with the location of the trackbar, stuff gets tight in a hurry, but it's do able. From what I can see with my ghetto rig setup, the whole bar needs to up about 1/2" and everything should clear. Might start cutting some brackets tomorrow

Comment

That looks good Art. The only thing I found so far with stuffing all that equipment up in there is that once you get out to the trail and start flexing off camber you'll find your contact points in a hurry. It's just damn near impossible to get the Jeep to flex any other way but up and down in the garage. But I only had one small interference issue and that's taken care of. Looks like you are as close with you track bar as I was with mine. That is going to be a beast.
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Luckily there is some room for the trackbar to go up which will help clearance.

Comment

Got the trackbar placed in it's permanent home.
                              So today, I'll spend sweating and welding, the upper control arm needs to move a bit and have some other little do thats that need some attention.
                              From there it's time to place coil overs hope to get a handle on that next week

Comment

Coming along purty quick there Art!! Lookin good, whatcha gonna do with Little Yeller when ya get this BEAST finished?
                                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                                X