Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    I'm thinking I will be done in May as well.....2011

Looking really good. I can't wait for the day mine is on all fours again. Won't be long.
    I'll be driving mine out of the garage this weekend... Oh, and I have a bridge for sale too!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Installed the Panhard bar. I have made all of the brackets and tabs for this build except the panhard mounts, which I got from Ballistic. I needed to save a little time. They are pretty nice and fit really well.

Heres that drop pitman I bought a few years back. Really didn't make any difference as far as I can tell...

Geometry looks good

I actually do work, and here is a picture to prove it! Figures, grinding, again... Knocking off the factory track bar mount.

More tomorrow...

Comment

• I think that,s just some guy that looks like you! Yer behind the camera HUH??
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Rat, without having gone all the way back through this thread, what is your objective here? What was "wrong" with the original set-up, and what are you hoping to gain now? What trails or regions are you trying to make more accessible?
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• gonna look sweet rat. Just installed my tank the other day and to my surprise its the 15 gallon tank and not the 19... which means I will definitely be at 100inch WB with ya. Gonna be sweet:
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Nathan, the goal is to do the hammers and likewise trails with less damage and effort. More wheelbase makes climbing waterfalls easier/ do able.
              The Hammer stuff is very addicting, once you start there is no going back lol

Comment

• rat.....how long did it take you to cut off that track bar mount??
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

• That tracjbar mount is a beatch, the front spring towers were a lot easier. Torched my tracba mount of, now it's going to take a bunch of grinding and airhammering to get the rest off

Comment

• Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                    Rat, without having gone all the way back through this thread, what is your objective here? What was "wrong" with the original set-up, and what are you hoping to gain now? What trails or regions are you trying to make more accessible?
                    Nathan,
                    I have two goals which go hand in hand;
                    • The first is to get rid of all the stock mounting hardware, which with the way I wheel is very weak and breaks a lot. I don't want three days of repair work for every day I wheel.

• Second, I want a Jeep that is still a DD, but will be comfortably drivable to Death Valley, Rubicon, Moab, etc. and still do the tough trails in JV and elsewhere.

An added benefit of all this work is the longer wheel base, which actually wasn't in the original build plan. But since I will some day eventually go to 40's and big axles, now is the time to do all the mods, with the future in mind.
                    Last edited by RAT; 04-03-10, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by womb raider 940 View Post
                      rat.....how long did it take you to cut off that track bar mount??
                      About 15 minutes, maybe less. I was going to try and get it off in one piece but gave that idea up real fast. But I used a 30,000 rpm cut off wheel attached to my small electric grinder and made short work of it. And it's a nice clean cut too, very little left to grind.

Comment

• Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        gonna look sweet rat. Just installed my tank the other day and to my surprise its the 15 gallon tank and not the 19... which means I will definitely be at 100inch WB with ya. Gonna be sweet:
                        Sweet Mike! Can't wait to wheel with you again.

Comment

• Front axle is burned in, just need to attach the limit strap tabs after I reinstall and measure

CAs for the front. Just waiting for the primer to dry so I can reinstall.

Had a break with a couple of these:beer: now I gotta get back to work... :thumbs_up

Comment

• flickr no workie.
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

• Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                              gonna look sweet rat. Just installed my tank the other day and to my surprise its the 15 gallon tank and not the 19... which means I will definitely be at 100inch WB with ya. Gonna be sweet:
                              I like those rear flares Gen Right?

Comment

• yes. look at the EXT kit for the yj.:drool:
                                Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X