Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its an air shock so im sure its different than setting up with coilovers, i really don't think i needed them at all in the rear, but i had them and it looks better than rubber, if they feel too stiff then ill let some air out or remove and sell...they are pretty much just stopping me from bottoming at full bump. im still learning and im sure things will change...

Comment

• I've always wanted to drive around w/o the cage too. I'd love to cruise the beach BOAT driving! (Standing up while driving)
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
        im still learning and im sure things will change...
        Aren't we all.
        Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          4" bump stops? What's your uptravel going to be?
          I split the shock travel 50/50 so I have 7 inches up and down on the shocks. After the gas tank is set I should have about 8 inches from UCA to tub.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• 4" bumps? Ask Stuart about being in the bumps. You're going to have an effective 3" of uptravel before the air bumps kick in. That is going to jar your teeth at speed.

With all of the work you are doing I think you'll be disappointed with 3" of uptravel. The nice thing is your cans will be set and you can easily swap n the 2" bumps.

Man that a lot of work ahead of you. It's looking fantastic! Can wait to see the cage.
            http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

• Originally posted by provelogear View Post
              4" bumps? Ask Stuart about being in the bumps. You're going to have an effective 3" of uptravel before the air bumps kick in. That is going to jar your teeth at speed.
              That's what I was thinking. It's my understanding you do not want to be on the bumps.
              Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                That's what I was thinking. It's my understanding you do not want to be on the bumps.
                All will come clear when I get things installed and take some pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  All will come clear when I get things installed and take some pics.
                  I have no worries about you. I was just clarifying for me.
                  Check out .

Comment

• I'm not sure who's bump stops you have, but the fox bumps are adjustable.
                    I reduced my 4" bumps to 2.5" bumps effectively.

They still do what they are supposed to do, and allow more travel to get there.

In the big whoops I can still get to the bottom of the bump, but I have to really SLAM the crap out of it to get there.

With all of these "cool-guy" parts there is a hell of a lot of fine tuning that has to take place to get it all working the way you want it to in the rocks, street and in the desert whoops.

Hve you begun to think about your spring rates yet?
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                      I'm not sure who's bump stops you have, but the fox bumps are adjustable.
                      I reduced my 4" bumps to 2.5" bumps effectively.

They still do what they are supposed to do, and allow more travel to get there.

In the big whoops I can still get to the bottom of the bump, but I have to really SLAM the crap out of it to get there.

With all of these "cool-guy" parts there is a hell of a lot of fine tuning that has to take place to get it all working the way you want it to in the rocks, street and in the desert whoops.

Hve you begun to think about your spring rates yet?
                      King set me up with 250/300 in the front and 200/300 in the rear, med/firm valving. Once I get ride hieght established with them installed, I'll know if they were close or not. King will swap springs if needed to get it right and revalve if necessary. And yes, my Fox bumps are adjustable.

Comment

• i just found out that my bumps are adjustable also.. sweet..

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          King set me up with 250/300 in the front and 200/300 in the rear, med/firm valving. Once I get ride hieght established with them installed, I'll know if they were close or not. King will swap springs if needed to get it right and revalve if necessary. And yes, my Fox bumps are adjustable.
                          I beleive I was real close to your spring rates and I like the ride I get in the fast parts! I have 14" COs and 7" of uptravel and I'm always in the 2" air bumps. You're going to love going fast in the desert now!
                          http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

• Better just toss that stock sport bar and build a real cage then.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                              i just found out that my bumps are adjustable also.. sweet..
                              Thats what she said...

Comment

• Today I got a couple fo projects done and two 80% done.

Got the evap canister and pump system remodeled and relocated out of sight and out of the way under the aux battery box (driver Side).
                                Got the ARB pump mounted right above that on top of the battery box, and got about 80% of the Hydroboost system installed. Also got most of the bushing set up for the Xfer case Xmember done.

Evap pump and valve set up under the steering real nice. I have a heat sheild to install between it and the exhuast but need to do a couple more things in that general area before I do

The canister mounts right next to the pump inside the fender mount.

The hole left by the Vacuum assist brakes.

I bought this off some bum here on MJR. It was in bad condition and needed MASSIVE reconstruction to bring it back to life. Some people just don't take care of thier stuff...

yes I know I forgot to take a before pic!

Installed after some fabbin of mounts. Freaking CJs man. Is anything on them standard???

I had to make all new brake lines to the proportioning valve. All different size lines and fittings. Got to use my cool tube bending pliers.

Comment

Working...
                                X