Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight is "find all the little projects that need to get finished" night. None of them got finished but the list is made...
    Started fitting shocks, bending and fitting hoops for the front, getting the front suspension laid out, fitting the door surrounds for the soft top, roll cage to frame mounting brackets, and on and on.

Cut a hole for the rear shock to see where it will fit. If I don't have to notch the frame I'll be lucky.

Got the front axle placed at the "102" mark. Looks like it will all fit, but verrry tightly. Also got the hoops bent. i'll cut them to size when the front axle is in.

Door surrounds. Have to have them for the soft top or I wouldn't bother. I wanted the roll cage a little bit higher this time but I'll have to settle. No biggie here.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      Tonight is "find all the little projects that need to get finished" night. None of them got finished but the list is made...
      Started fitting shocks, bending and fitting hoops for the front, getting the front suspension laid out, fitting the door surrounds for the soft top, roll cage to frame mounting brackets, and on and on.

Cut a hole for the rear shock to see where it will fit. If I don't have to notch the frame I'll be lucky.

Got the front axle placed at the "102" mark. Looks like it will all fit, but verrry tightly. Also got the hoops bent. i'll cut them to size when the front axle is in.

Door surrounds. Have to have them for the soft top or I wouldn't bother. I wanted the roll cage a little bit higher this time but I'll have to settle. No biggie here.
      more when I get it!

Comment

. I wanted the roll cage a little bit higher this time but I'll have to settle. No biggie here.
        what, you think your going to hit your head on the roll bar because your so tall or something? :homer:
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Is that picture deceiving me? Looks like the upper control arm mount on the frame will be in the passengers @$$.

Your making good progress.
          Check out .

Comment

• when you gonna finish this thing? been forever
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              Is that picture deceiving me? Looks like the upper control arm mount on the frame will be in the passengers @$$.

Your making good progress.
              It's no that bad, but it is up there a ways. Had to to get 6" separation.

Comment

• Originally posted by womb raider 940 View Post
                when you gonna finish this thing? been forever
                Make you a deal. You finish yours, I'll finish mine. Seriously I'll be done in June or so, but it will be rolling by the End of Feb. Gotta take it to Moab.

Comment

• I found if I do this in small bites everynight after work I actually get more done with fewer mistakes. Not that I would EVER make a mistake...

The rear CAs are done, and this weekend the rear will be done completely. Shocks mounted, everything burned in and ready to go.

I have more up travel now than I thought I would. The E brake cables are gonna have to grow though...

I forgot to take a pic but I flexed the suspension full travel and no binding or hitting anywhere.

The Welding inspector

Comment

• Its looking real good...... When your done Ill let you link up my truck
                    Its no fun without family

Comment

I like the way you did your upper frame mounts. You got a good spot to run the exhaust between the frame and the link mount.
                      Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        I like the way you did your upper frame mounts. You got a good spot to run the exhaust between the frame and the link mount.

Yeah, that was a critical factor in my decision to do it that way. It will still be tight though.

Comment

I found if I do this in small bites everynight after work I actually get more done with fewer mistakes. Not that I would EVER make a mistake...

The rear CAs are done, and this weekend the rear will be done completely. Shocks mounted, everything burned in and ready to go.

I have more up travel now than I thought I would. The E brake cables are gonna have to grow though...

I forgot to take a pic but I flexed the suspension full travel and no binding or hitting anywhere.

The Welding inspector
                          When i stretched my rear end i cut the adjuster bracket and stretched it and now i have an E brake that actually works !!
                          moon buggy
                          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

• Thanks Stu. Get your ass over here and help me...

Comment

• Kurt, you better hurry up. Ozzie looks all depressed, since you broke his toy

Comment

• Hung out over at Kurt's today and saw the jeep... thing looks sweet... gonna be one badass toy when its done...

Also... thanks for the tire....
                                [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                                PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Working...
                                X