Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cont...

The ARB pump and solenoids mount on top of the fender mount next to the Hydroboost. It's a nice fit and when the inner fender is reinstalled it will hide all the hardware but it will still be easy to get to.

Now I have to go find the right size compression fittings, a reservoir for my PSC pump and I'll have this behotch done.

I got the bushings for the tcase Xmember made, just have to weld them to something!

And my favorite of all... big smile!

More tomorrow...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Your Favorite sure looks purty!!LOL..can,t wait to see it in action,Thanks Kurt...
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Ya know that CJ hydroboost mounted in your TJ looks like a diamond in a goats ass.

Looks good, stop screwing around and get the damn thing finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double AA View Post
          Ya know that CJ hydroboost mounted in your TJ looks like a diamond in a goats ass.

Looks good, stop screwing around and get the damn thing finished.
          I getting, I'm getting! It ain't easy bein cheezy...

Comment

• Looking good, Kurt. Keep up the good work.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              The ARB pump and solenoids mount on top of the fender mount next to the Hydroboost. It's a nice fit and when the inner fender is reinstalled it will hide all the hardware but it will still be easy to get to.

Now I have to go find the right size compression fittings, a reservoir for my PSC pump and I'll have this behotch done.

I got the bushings for the tcase Xmember made, just have to weld them to something!

And my favorite of all... big smile!

More tomorrow...
              I have several remote reservoirs, what are you looking for?

In regard to your HB, are you running ram assist?

What brakes are you running and what bore is the master?
              I am Savvy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                I have several remote reservoirs, what are you looking for?

In regard to your HB, are you running ram assist?

What brakes are you running and what bore is the master?
                I'm not sure if you remember the first PSC pump you put on Erik's rig but I have that now. I need a remote reservoir for it, along with some hydraulic fittings and hose. The local Napa does hydro hoses so I'm good there I think.

I'm not running Hyro assist... yet.

I'm running the stock discs up front and 99 Exploder rear disc upgrade rear. Not sure what the bore of the master is yet.

Comment

• Making goreat progress this weekend. Not having a job now is a great motivator

Cut some more of the floor out today, got the rear suspension cross member mocked up, forward LCA mounts and also finished the xfer case xmember, also the finished the brake lines from yesterday.

Xfer case Xmember

Geezzz Flikr is slow as snot tonight...

Comment

• Cont...

LCA brackets; from this

To this

Lowers mocked up. There is 6" vertical separation on the CAMs. Uppers wind up being about 75% of the lowers. Made for some interesting mounting options. I'll have pics of that tomorrow

TBC...

Comment

• I say you put some plexiglass to cover those holes so you can watch the rocks under ya. that would be purty cool
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• A glass-bottom Jeep huh? That might be the next new trend!

Comment

• Is that 6" of seperation at the frame? What did your lowers end up at for length?
                          Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            I'm not sure if you remember the first PSC pump you put on Erik's rig but I have that now. I need a remote reservoir for it, along with some hydraulic fittings and hose. The local Napa does hydro hoses so I'm good there I think.
                            I'm 99 percent sure I have a remote with the HB return fitting which is the desired plumbing option. I'd also strongly encourage you not to have hoses made. You need to make them yourself with field serviceable fittings so you can repair them if needed. Plus you can't miss the orientation of hydraulic hose fittings by more than a degree or two and still get them installed. Field serviceable fittings can readily be re-oriented if needed.

I'm not running Hyro assist... yet.
                            When you do, you will likely need to pull the HB and send it to Van to get it high flowed if that hasn't already been done.

I'm running the stock discs up front and 99 Exploder rear disc upgrade rear. Not sure what the bore of the master is yet.
                            You need a 1" bore master for that combo.
                            I am Savvy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=mrblaine;154390]I'm 99 percent sure I have a remote with the HB return fitting which is the desired plumbing option. I'd also strongly encourage you not to have hoses made. You need to make them yourself with field serviceable fittings so you can repair them if needed. Plus you can't miss the orientation of hydraulic hose fittings by more than a degree or two and still get them installed. Field serviceable fittings can readily be re-oriented if needed.

When you do, you will likely need to pull the HB and send it to Van to get it high flowed if that hasn't already been done.

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post

You need a 1" bore master for that combo.
                              OK so the $100 dollar Q is how do I find out what the bore is? I don't see a part number or s/n anywhere. But I do know it came off a CJ with the same brake set up. Except for the proportioning valve I guess.

How much do you want for the remote reservoir?

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                                Is that 6" of seperation at the frame? What did your lowers end up at for length?
                                Lowers are 33" and uppers are 26".

Comment

Working...
                                X