Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    Well, if one or the other was to fail, I'd rather it was the eyelet. Those at least can be replaced or if nothing else, some kind of upgrade fabricated.

Seems to me the bottom line is that if those eyelets (or anything else) are failing within the shock's range of motion, then it's Bilstein's bad--a little too light of a fuse? I have no idea what RAT's repair looked like, but the fact that it hasn't held makes me wonder. Obviously you need to get your other suspension problems fixed regardless. I would consider putting on a generic white shock until they are ironed out. I saw some in a surplus catalog recently for like $3 or $4 each, different sizes, IIRC. If you break one of those, who cares?
    [COLOR="darkred"]yes, that's my plan. just get something to hold the axles from bouncing around until I figure out my fixes.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post

Obviously you need to get your other suspension problems fixed regardless.
      Yep. That's already been said at least once.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• [COLOR="darkred"]OK... so I replaced the leaf spring bushings & no more axle wandering around under the Jeep making me feel it was going to shake the Jeep apart. Yay! Went up to Holcomb this weekend and shook it out...

Now, I have power steering fluid leak at the input shaft to the steering box. I was reefing pretty hard on the steering trying to get out of a tight spot. So...replacement or upgrade & with what? I've been hearing good & bad things about the Dodge Durango steering box "upgrade", and is that only for XJs?

Also, the wiring kind of bit me in the rump this weekend when I killed the battery, got a jump, and fried a wire driving back to camp as the alternator tried to recharge the battery. (Thanks again Zoobi for the help.) It's comforting to hear, "I've seen worse..." when someone looks under the hood of the ole POS.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369
          [COLOR="darkred"]
          I don't recall any YJ's breaking on the trail Chuck... this must have been a fluke right?[/COLOR]
          Care to retract above statement.:hide:
          Check out .

Comment

• [COLOR="darkred"]Not really... It's not "broken" just...moist.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Glad you made it back OK. I know how those rides home can be when your not sure if it's going to make it.
              Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Glad you made it back OK. I know how those rides home can be when your not sure if it's going to make it.
                [COLOR="darkred"]Thanks, I'm getting tired of that feeling. I've had it for a very loooong time now. I need to get past these current "life issues" and put some SERIOUS time (and probably $$) into my rigs and get them up to snuff.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="darkred"]
                  Now, I have power steering fluid leak at the input shaft to the steering box. I was reefing pretty hard on the steering trying to get out of a tight spot. So...replacement or upgrade & with what? I've been hearing good & bad things about the Dodge Durango steering box "upgrade", and is that only for XJs?
                  If you can afford the $$$ to upgrade I would suggest the PSC box for your Jeep. http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehicl...ler-power.html
                  If you don't want spend the $$, just get a reman box from Auto zone for now. That should last you a good while.

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="darkred"]
                  Also, the wiring kind of bit me in the rump this weekend when I killed the battery, got a jump, and fried a wire driving back to camp as the alternator tried to recharge the battery. (Thanks again Zoobi for the help.) It's comforting to hear, "I've seen worse..." when someone looks under the hood of the ole POS.[/COLOR]

As for the wiring, bring some spaghetti sauce and we'll make dinner with that mess...

Comment

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
                    If you can afford the $$$ to upgrade I would suggest the PSC box for your Jeep. http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehicl...ler-power.html
                    If you don't want spend the $$, just get a reman box from Auto zone for now. That should last you a good while.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]Ok... but what if down the line I wanna go 'ram assist'? Do you think I should get: http://undercoverfab.com/182-87-02-h...ble-ratio.html. It will take a little bit longer to save the $ for it, but may be possible if I go on a strict diet of water and jolly ranchers.[/COLOR]

As for the wiring, bring some spaghetti sauce and we'll make dinner with that mess...
                    [COLOR="darkred"]I think I need to get the carb tuned so it's not $50 to get to your house!![/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Ok... but what if down the line I wanna go 'ram assist'? Do you think I should get: http://undercoverfab.com/182-87-02-h...ble-ratio.html. It will take a little bit longer to save the $ for it, but may be possible if I go on a strict diet of water and jolly ranchers.[/COLOR]]
                      I did say if you want to spend the $$ for the good stuff... Problem is, if you have to save for a while, the existing box needs to dealt with. Not hard to rebuild, but if you're gonna go to that much trouble, just get a reman box to tide you over until the $$ is right for the good stuff.

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                      [COLOR="darkred"]I think I need to get the carb tuned so it's not $50 to get to your house!![/COLOR]
                      Well, bring it by when you can and I'll tweak it back to where it needs to be. You just rebuilt it not too long ago, didn't you?

Comment

I did say if you want to spend the $$ for the good stuff... Problem is, if you have to save for a while, the existing box needs to dealt with. Not hard to rebuild, but if you're gonna go to that much trouble, just get a reman box to tide you over until the $$ is right for the good stuff.
                        [COLOR="darkred"]Yea, it may be a while for the good stuff. I'll take a look at it again & see how bad it is. It was just wet when I got home, not dripping.[/COLOR]

Well, bring it by when you can and I'll tweak it back to where it needs to be. You just rebuilt it not too long ago, didn't you?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]I did, but the problem was the 'mechanic' that started messing with the fuel-air mixture screws. I don't mess with those things for a very valid reason. All I had to "rebuild" was the accelerator pump gasket that was torn.[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Yea, it may be a while for the good stuff. I'll take a look at it again & see how bad it is. It was just wet when I got home, not dripping.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"]I did, but the problem was the 'mechanic' that started messing with the fuel-air mixture screws. I don't mess with those things for a very valid reason. All I had to "rebuild" was the accelerator pump gasket that was torn.[/COLOR]
                          well, I have a very smart screwdriver that knows how to tune them old crusty one bbls. I'll ask it if it will put lotion on it's skin.... Wait, thats another story. I'll ask it if it will fix yer carb fer ya.

Comment

well, I have a very smart screwdriver that knows how to tune them old crusty one bbls. I'll ask it if it will put lotion on it's skin.... Wait, thats another story. I'll ask it if it will fix yer carb fer ya.
                            [COLOR="darkred"]Hey man!! I'm big time now... 2bbl. [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Hey man!! I'm big time now... 2bbl. [/COLOR]
                              I knew that...

Comment

I knew that...
                                [color="darkred"]I'm almost ready for JV...

Minus the steering, and the wiring, and the open rear diff, and the transmission, and armor, and roll cage, and...[/color]

Comment

Working...
                                X