Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's them. (909)481-8200 Unless they moved, they were on 4th, just east of Ontario mills.
    Last edited by 6spdYJ; 07-02-12, 09:05 PM. Reason: can't spell
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Its gonna be a race to see who gets parts first; the YJ or the CJ3A. Come on Nickademus...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]With the holiday in the middle of the week, and companies giving people extra time off... my guess is that the parts won't get here until mid next week.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
          [COLOR="darkred"]With the holiday in the middle of the week, and companies giving people extra time off... my guess is that the parts won't get here until mid next week.[/COLOR]
          Looks like you'll still win. I don't have payment from Dave yet. Let me know when they come in.

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]It's always a win-win with A-Hole Fab. Once we get this all back together, you wanna go help me break it? I gotta test out that fancy winch on there too!!![/COLOR]

Comment

Nick dropped off the parts this morning and the Tcase and tranny are done and ready to install. Come and get 'em Nick...

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I'll see ya tomorrow. I got kinda wrangled into a day with 20 or so women... and their dolls. But I tell ya...driving that little Fiat is FUN!!![/COLOR]

Comment

[color="darkred"]Alright, I picked up the tranny & t-case last night. Will be putting them back into the YJ this afternoon. Unless it gives me fits like it did taking it out...should have the YJ back on her paws tonight.

I'll be testing her out on Holcomb this weekend. I have high hopes that things will be much better now. If everything goes well, next project will be the exhaust...everything.[/color]
                  Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-09-12, 12:47 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Oh boy... I set down the new trans mount next to the old one and almost couldn't tell which one was new, and which one needed to be thrown out!![/COLOR]

Comment

When do we fix the headlights, braked lights, turn signals, dome lights....ahh hell the whole electrical wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Hook&Ladder View Post
                        When do we fix the headlights, braked lights, turn signals, dome lights....ahh hell the whole electrical wiring?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]You got a personal grudge against faulty wiring? Gimme time... I priced a Painless chassis harness... *ouch*.[/COLOR]

Comment

Check with Tommy (MJR name sgtswole). He usually has a YJ in some stage of parting out. He'll probably have a full harness.
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                            [COLOR="darkred"]You got a personal grudge against faulty wiring? Gimme time... I priced a Painless chassis harness... *ouch*.[/COLOR]
                            I've seen your wiring.
                            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                              Check with Tommy (MJR name sgtswole). He usually has a YJ in some stage of parting out. He'll probably have a full harness.
                              [COLOR="darkred"]PM Sent.[/COLOR]

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              I've seen your wiring.
                              [COLOR="darkred"]Yea... well I'll get to that!!! Geez![/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I'm not sure if I explained this to you before ... I work on my heap on the base at a place called the "Auto Hobby Shop". It's an open garage with bays that you can come in and check out tools, use the lift and things like that. They have some professional mechanics walking around mostly for safety, but you can ask them questions if you have a problem or need another set of hands to get something done. This works our really great for me because I cannot work on my Jeep at the apartment complex I live in. The only drawbacks are that they are not open every day, and it's $8/day to occupy a bay. They have other services like a machine shop and exhaust bender and such. They are no longer allowed to paint vehicles because of some idiot a while back pouring leftover paint down the floor drains...

So with the explaination out of the way....over the weekend I put the transmission back in for the 3rd or 4th time. (don't ask). I put in new transmissoin and motor mounts...I hope to get pics of the old motor mounts today. Lets just say it was time to replace them. Now the exhaust is all snuggled up to the manifold and the Jeep doesn't shake like a chihuahua with the engine running.

This has allowed me to hear other issues going on. Oh yay...

Today after work I'm going to try to find the reason I have a miss going on. It may be plug wires as I've recently replaced the spark plugs and 99% of the distributor. Other causes?

Thinking of having a new exhaust bent up, the guys at this shop seem to be much more capable than the crew at the last one.

I've also noticed that my front yoke on the transfer case has one of the tabs broken off that holds the u-joint from slipping side to side. NP231...anybody have one they'd be willing to part with? PM me cost if you would. [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X