Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
    Sorry, I thought you could simply port this one. I too believe you have other fish to fry before worrying about hydro/ram though.

You can. But the PSC is the better choice.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• By the way Nicky been meaning to ask you, when you replaced the accel pump diaphragm, was the new one exactly the same as the old one and you put it in the same way? Since you say it sputters when given gas and you have to feathyer the pedal to get going sounds to me the accel pump isn't giving a good squirt of fuel. If you have the carb rebuilt instructions that came with the kit it should show you how to adjust that properly

Comment

• Fuel mixture adjustment was messed up, Fixed that but there is a vacuum leak at the throttle shaft. Housing is probably worn. Time for a bushing or a rebuilt carb. Engine has the old kick again but the idle is still rough. Oh, and the plugs were gapped to wide.

Comment

• It's been a long time since I've heard about a throttle shaft vacuum leak. That must have been wallered out pretty bad. Good catch.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

• [COLOR="darkred"]Yea... so I guess I can either rebuild the carb & put a bronze sleeve onto the throttle shaft, or get a new carb. OR! EFI? This is all $ based, so it may take a little while to figure out where I'm going with it.[/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Tough spot, $ for upgrades or $ for another one and add the goodies from your current toy.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

• [COLOR="darkred"]EFI would solve more problems than fixing or getting a new carb. Just gonna have to save for it. Maybe have to bite the bullet and just do like Art said and do it right. [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="darkred"]EFI would solve more problems than fixing or getting a new carb. Just gonna have to save for it. Maybe have to bite the bullet and just do like Art said and do it right. [/COLOR]
                  Have you tought about getting the whole running gear out of an XJ and swap everything over?
                  Would solve running problems, give you an overdrive trans. So would help fuel milage and power.
                  258 is a very in efficient motor, has lots of bottom end torque, but not much else and slobbers gas like a bad ass alcoholic

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Have you tought about getting the whole running gear out of an XJ and swap everything over?
                    Would solve running problems, give you an overdrive trans. So would help fuel milage and power.
                    258 is a very in efficient motor, has lots of bottom end torque, but not much else and slobbers gas like a bad ass alcoholic
                    [COLOR="darkred"]I had not. I'm pretty much asking junk yards what they have available for Jeep from water pump to trans tail housing. Did the XJ use the 231 as well? I can find out online, but it's easier to ask.

It would be easiest to swap everything over, including the tranny I'd assume. But finding a whole engine & trans, with wiring, is proving difficult for me. I'm also unsure if I'm getting ripped off, not sure what to expect on the $$ side.[/COLOR]

Comment

• You can find good running xj's for around 1000 bucks or less. Just use what you need and scrap the rest.
                      You want the one that has a aw4 trans and most of them come with a 231 transfercase it just needs to be reclocked for a Wrangler.
                      Kurt has a clocking ring so that isn't a problem. About the hardest part would be to mate the XJ wiring harness to your Jeep. The rest is easy

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                        [COLOR="darkred"]I had not. I'm pretty much asking junk yards what they have available for Jeep from water pump to trans tail housing. Did the XJ use the 231 as well? I can find out online, but it's easier to ask.

It would be easiest to swap everything over, including the tranny I'd assume. But finding a whole engine & trans, with wiring, is proving difficult for me. I'm also unsure if I'm getting ripped off, not sure what to expect on the $$ side.[/COLOR]
                        Home slice, we'll take cate of you. Decide what you want to do and how much you can spend and we'll hunt you down a deal.

Comment

• [COLOR="darkred"]Hmmmm, maybe a V8?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3259286286.html[/COLOR]

Comment

• Bit more work but can be made to work. 4.0 is pretty much straight bolt in, just the wiring takes a bit of work

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Bit more work but can be made to work. 4.0 is pretty much straight bolt in, just the wiring takes a bit of work
                              [COLOR="darkred"]I was 98% kidding. Everyone that I tell I'm looking to put a new engine into the YJ says, "Why not a LS?".[/COLOR]

Comment

• I've seen some pretty good deals on Vortec V8s. You could spin 35s pretty easy with one of those.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X